2

2| Vacant

Jeongin was scared. He stared into the eyes of his supposed "soulmate". Yes, Jeongin knew Chan was his soulmate.

-

"What's that?" Jisung asked after putting away his school supplies. He and Jeongin had finished their homework when he noticed a mark on the younger.

Jisung grabbed the younger's arm, getting a better look at the mark. His eyes widened once he realized what it was.

"Why didn't you tell me?!"

"Tell you what?"

"Do you genuinely not know what this is?" The older pointed to the leaf on Jeongin's wrist.

"A leaf?"

"Yes, smart-ass, a leaf." Jeongin continued to stare at the other, still confused.

"Your soulmate, Jeongin! Only your soulmate can cause this!"

"Oh."

"What do you mean 'oh', this is a big deal!" Jisung freaked out.

"No, it's not." Jeongin mumbled, not wanting to talk about it anymore.

"Who is it?"

"I don't know." Jeongin lied, he knew. He felt the sting when he touched the person to return their book. He just didn't want to believe it. He wouldn't. Jisung was insistent on finding out who it was but he left it alone when Jeongin refused to talk about it.

-

Jeongin's first instinct when he caught Chan's eye from across the cafeteria was to run. But he didn't. He stayed put, but everything in him was telling him to run. His body didn't let him move.

In fact, he wanted to be closer to the other. That scared him even more. He didn't even know his name, yet he still felt inclined to reach out to him.

Jeongin felt like he couldn't breathe, not with those intense orbs staring into his. He looked away and headed towards the exit, leaving his friends confused.

Jeongin made his way to a vacant classroom, walking to the window. Looking at everyone walking below.

All of the people he watched had plans they hoped to fulfill one day. They all went on their way like everything was so damn perfect. It frustrated Jeongin.

But he could finally breathe again, it wasn't for long though. He turned towards the classroom door after hearing it open.

The male that made breathing difficult for him stood at the entrance. They stared at each other again, both unsure of what was to come.

~~~~~~~~

End of chapter 2

~~~~~~~~

Kind of edited