3

3| The Feeling of Intense Happiness; Euphoria

Jeongin sighed and ran his hands down his face, his short conversation with Chan replayed in his mind.

-

"Uh, hi. I'm Chan or Christopher if you'd like..." The older nervously spoke as Jeongin viewed him with calculating eyes.

"We don't need to do this. I don't know you and you don't know me, let's keep it that way."

"But we're-"

"No, no we aren't."

"I don't believe in soulmates. It's just a phenomenon that happens. It's nothing more than that." Jeongin explained his point of view, close to hyperventilating and thinking; this isn't happening right now.

"But I am your soulmate, I'm right here. I'm not a phenomenon." Chan stared at Jeongin with pleading eyes.

"No, Chan, you aren't." Jeongin made his way towards the door.

"I won't make you stay, but can I at least know your name?" Yes, Chan had been crushing on the blue haired boy for years but never learned his name, (now is not the time to judge).

Jeongin grabbed the door handle, twisting it, but not pulling it open yet.

"Jeongin, my name is Jeongin." The younger finally pulled the door open, leaving other alone in the classroom.

————

"What's with you?" Hyunjin asked, Chan was frowning and drawing random shapes on the lunch table with his finger.

"He doesn't want me." Chan mumbled out. The stabbing sensation in his heart hurt more and more when thinking about their conversation. Imagine meeting someone who was supposed to complete you, but they didn't want you, didn't believe in you to begin with.

"Oh, I'm sorry, man." Hyunjin put his arm around the oldest. Chan sighed and leaned into the younger, he just wanted his heart to stop aching.

And little did the Aussie know, it was the same for Jeongin. His heart felt like it stopped beating.

"Innie," Jisung called out. The youngest only squeezed his eyes shut, the pain becoming unbearable.

"Innie," Felix also attempted to get the younger attention but it was no use. Seungmin, who was sitting next to the youngest, slightly shook him, causing Jeongin to snap his eyes open.

As soon as he opened his eyes, he was met with a pair from across the cafeteria, Chan's. The pain in his chest dissipated, he could feel his heartbeat again, in fact his heart rate sped up. To the two soulmates that caught each other's eyes, the feeling in their heart was euphoric.

Neither of the two wanted to look away, but eventually they did; the younger trying to brush away the moment while the older hoped Jeongin felt the same euphoria as him.

~~~~~~~~

End of chapter 3

~~~~~~~~

I have a crush on Yang Jeongin and Yang Jungwon.