8

8| Try

"Really? A hallway closet?" Jeongin huffed out. He didn't appreciate being practically thrown into the small, dim area.

Chan stared at him, which agitated Jeongin. He was ready to tell the other to leave him alone but he was stopped.

Chan approached him, making Jeongin back up.

"Relax, I'm not going to do anything like that." Chan reached out to Jeongin. He was too confused to do anything.

Suddenly Jeongin felt the slight pressure on his neck release. Chan now held the choker he wore.

"Jisung's choice, I'm guessing?" Chan held up the accessory.

Jeongin nodded, his hand going up to scratch the place where the choker rested.

Chan fidgeted with it for a bit before grabbing Jeongin's wrist. He successfully made it into a bracelet.

Jeongin hated that his heart did a flip at the action. His heart almost stopped when Chan ran his thumb over Jeongin's knuckles, then pulled him closer.

Jeongin removed hand from Chan's hold. Placing both his palms on Chan's chest so there could be some space between them.

Jeongin sighed, putting his hands down and looking at the other.

"Jeongin, I will continue to wait for you until you're ready. But I can't act like you're nothing to me. Not when you're this close but so far away."

"Not everyone ends up with their soulmate even if they find them. Why can't you just go to someone else?" Jeongin's voice was desperate.

"Why? Because I've waited my whole life for you, Jeongin. My mom used to tell me stories of her meeting my dad, and how happy they made each other. I always wanted that. We can have that. I'm right here waiting for us. Please, give us a try." Chan pleaded.

He could see a future with Jeongin, and he desperately wanted it. He wanted his soulmate to want him back.

"I won't hurt you." Chan's voice held truthful words.

'That's not what I'm worried about.' Jeongin lowered his gaze.

It was Chan's turn to sigh, "I'm sorry, Jeongin. I didn't mean to..."

Chan turned to leave, to go clear his head.

Jeongin almost felt relieved, but he wasn't.

'Don't do it. He's leaving. That's what you've wanted. DON'T!'

"Okay." Jeongin's words stopped Chan.

He turned towards the younger, waiting.

"I'll...I'll try."

'Idiot.'

A smile spread on Chan's face, immediately he hugged Jeongin.

Jeongin hesitated before hugging back. Finally giving into the warmth that only his soulmate could provide.

"Thank you." Chan whispered, worried that if he spoke too loudly Jeongin would run away.

Jeongin pulled back as he heard a shout.

"Oh no, that probably means I have to go get Jisung from a table top." Jeongin complained, ready to leave.

Chan pulled him back for another hug. "I'll help you take him home."

"Really?"

Chan smiled, placing a kiss on Jeongin's forehead, "Anything for you."

After leaving the hallway closet, the duo proceeded to lure a very drunken Jisung off a table and into Chan's car.

Jeongin drove Jisung's car while Chan dealt with a very whiny Jisung in the back of his own.

~~~~~~~~

End of chapter 8

~~~~~~~~

Who's your skz bias?

Kind of edited