Chapter 14

CHAPTER 14

Two months. It's been two months since Nathan learned about Nadeem being married. He wants to forget the man so bad. He wants to take it as a mistake that cannot be undone. But sadly, he can't.

Usually, things like this wouldn't impact him too much. He would just act as nothing happened. And he wouldn't want to do anything with the man again. It's not his first time being a homewrecker. But this time, it's different.

He blames himself. He took the fault for not respecting the boundaries. They have no string attached. Just a fuck buddy. But then he hopes for more. He wants more from it.

Nadeem is nowhere to be seen. According to Natalie, he is still the 'beast boss'. He's still grumpy. What's new is he became more like a mess. Nathan wonders if that is because of their break-up. But it's not gis problem anymore.

He became closer to the boy he met at the club. There's something that always brings him to that club. He knows what. It's Greyson. Day by day, he comes to see the boy. And that's how he starts forgetting the boss.

Nathan is not the type to go for a younger guy. He was never interested in them. No offence. Not because they're not attractive. But it's because he's younger himself. He's submissive. Not the dominant. Easy to say, he's the 'girlfriend' type.

"I don't understand why he chose that girl." Nathan spat when they finished watching the movie. "I mean... The other girl clearly better for him."

Greyson laughs. "Well, that girl is his love life."

"Is that even exist nowadays?" Nathan rolls his eyes. "Love life doesn't exist. It's only life now."

Greyson raises his brow. "Are you saying that you don't believe in love?"

Nathan looks at the boy. Usually, he can answer it right away. But now he had doubts. Something is holding him back. He knows he doesn't believe it. However, he start feeling weird lately.

"My last boyfriend believes in it so much."

Nathan blinks. He stares at Greyson for too long now.

"He did everything to make us really serious." Greyson shrugs.

"Are you saying you don't believe in it?" Nathan frown.

Greyson shakes his head. "It's not like I don't believe in it. I just... Want it to be natural. My ex force it to happen. To the point, I don't feel it's real anymore."

"That sucks." Nathan snorts.

"I feel like I need to do all of that to stay in love," Greyson added. "It makes my feelings start to fade. So, we decided to take a break."

"A break?" Nathan repeat. "So, both of you were planning to get back together after taking it?"

Greyson takes a deep breath. "That's the plan but..."

"But...?"

"He moved on." Greyson smile. "He found someone that maybe look for the same thing as him."

"I'm sorry to hear that." Nathan pats his shoulder.

"Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm actually happy for him." Greyson laughs. "I mean... I don't have feelings for him anymore. And him being in a relationship make it easier for me. At least I won't be the bad guy."

Nathan laughs. "That's true."

Greyson grabs the drink and takes a sip on it before starring at Nathan. "What about you?"

Nathan raises his brow. "What about me?"

"What's your story?" Greyson sit up properly. "I know something brought you to the club. Besides, it's written on your face."

Nathan snorts. "I have my own story. But it's not worth to be told."

"Oh, come on." Greyson groans. "Don't keep me in the dark."

Nathan let out a small chuckle. "Trust me it's nothing. No love or anything."

Greyson narrowed his eyes. "Do you really not believe in love?"

Nathan opens his mouth to reply but nothing comes out. He doesn't even know. He doesn't know whether he believes it or not.

"I hope you'll give it a chance." Greyson smile. "Don't make you shut it down because of one person."

"Oh, no." Nathan shakes his head. "No one makes me shut it down. I just..."

"Never experience it?" Greyson finished for him.

Nathan blinks for a few seconds before sighing and then nods.

"Will you try?"

Nathan blinks again. He knows where this conversation will lead. He knows what will happen. Right when he let Greyson in, he knew it will lead somewhere else. To be honest, he doesn't even know if he wants it or not. Just to make him forget a certain boss, he needs to do things he never did.

"Nathan..."

A pair of cold hands touch his cheeks. It's different from Nadeem's. The boss' hands were warm. And this is cold. Even the feelings are different. Usually, his heart feels like it will going to be burst out. And this time he feels numb.

Greyson's soft lips snap him back to reality. Then he realizes Greyson is kissing him. He didn't push him. He doesn't even reject him. Instead, he gives in. He returns the kiss.

They start moving in sync. Greyson's lips were soft, almost silken, and pillowy against Nathan's.  He could feel the soft tickle of the boy's breath beneath his nose. It's a pure kiss.

Nathan couldn't notice his surrounding. He's not even aware of where his hands are. But he can still feel Greyson's cold hands on his cheek since it is stronger than before.

A ringtone makes them pull apart almost immediately. Greyson almost sighed while Nathan already letting out an audible curse. He looks at the table. It's Nathan phone.

He grabbed his phone with a groan. An unknown number appear on the screen making Nathan frown a little. He tries to recognize the number but nothing come to his mind.

"Excuse me."

Nathan walks out of the room before answering his phone. "Hello?"

There's no response received. Nathan glance at the screen to see if it's still on. And the call is still ongoing. "Hello?" He greets once again. Still no reply.

Something he couldn't explain is why his heart beating faster. He couldn't explain it. But he wants so bad the caller to say something. It seems like he's waiting for him.

Before he could say more, the call was cut. Nathan leans on the wall. Try to calm his heart down. Was it Nadeem? It's like he can feel the man. All the kiss just now has been forgotten. He knows he's not over the boss.

_______________________________________

Another update today! Please enjoy.

Ps. Severe grammatical errors.

Love, D