Chapter 21

Chapter 21

"Is the budget presented here from the previous three years?" Nadeem Valentino asked while turning every page of the documents.

"Yes, boss." Natalie reply. She was sitting on the chair in front of her boss. "I already change it as per the client's request."

Nadeem nods. He knows the client requested it for the previous three years. Probably to see the performance whether it maintains, growing or dropping. Even though he got a lot of things going on in his life, when it comes to his company, he is always careful and focused.

"Just change the chart bar using a different color." Nadeem points to one of the pages. "So, it will be easy for them to read it. They could understand without asking which one is what."

Natalie nods and takes note of that. The boss continues going through the documents.

"I think that's all. Everything has been corrected a few times. So..." Nadeem hands the file to the lady, and she takes it. "Just prepare the slides and handouts later."

"Alright, boss." Natalie nods and then walks away. Even though all their conversation for more than thirty minutes was filled with only work, the lady couldn't help but be reminded of the incident a few days ago. She was just witnessed his brother having sex with her boss. Hell, she even knows everything about it. It's something she could never imagine.

In her eyes, the perfect boss and husband have so many holes in his life. She knows Mrs. Valentino. That woman comes to the office sometimes, and she's the official wife of the man. She just never thought there was something like that could happen in that perfect marriage.

To be honest, Natalie couldn't make sure what she should feel. She wants to pity the man for the hell that happened in his marriage. But at the same time, she's angry because there's nothing that could be a guarantee for his brother. It feels like she could see the end of the story where Nathan could never win.

If what has been told to her is true, Nadeem indeed loves his brother. But his love for his daughter, the daughter that never shares any bloodline with him, is too much. He already chose the daughter over Nathan once. And it's possible for him to choose her again.

"Ms. Reed?"

Natalie was brought back to the world. She realized she was still standing there with her back facing her boss. She didn't even walk more than five steps.

"Is there anything else?" Nadeem asked.

Natalie takes a deep breath. She knows the boss couldn't act as if nothing happened forever. So is her. "I just want to tell you. I don't care if you're my boss or not. But if you hurt my brother... I will not be going to stay still."

Nadeem didn't respond. It's like he expected that warning to come. He knows Natalie knows everything. Nathan already told him the second time they met to have sex just yesterday. And he wouldn't get mad as a boss. So even though it's a personal business, it's understandable.

"Loud and clear."

Natalie nods without even looking at her boss before walking away. At least now she was satisfied with the reply.

***

Both the man are breathing heavily in their seat. Their body soaked with sweat. It's like the routine took a lot of energy out of their body. The world seems to be spinning around. Like they were on drugs. The air conditioner of the car is on. But the burning fire inside them still can be felt.

Nathan glanced down at his feet. He didn't know he had lost his shoes until now. His naked body is still not covered. It's like he doesn't even care about it anymore. Nadeem, on the other hand, looks as messy as him. His pants are still loose, his shirt open, and his tie surprisingly is around Nathan's neck. He doesn't even know when it got there.

This is their third time having sex after their first encounter in the parking lot. They had their second time in the hotel. Not sure how they ended up doing it in the car again this time. At least it's not in a parking lot. It's somewhere empty—a place for jogging.

They still didn't talk about anything serious for now. Probably it's too soon. Or perhaps because they don't know where it gets if things are being brought up. Nathan still couldn't guarantee anything about his position to be permanent in the boss' life. But he doesn't want to push it more. He doesn't want to lose what he has right now. The pain of not being able to stay beside the man even in the dark is more significant than having the man entirely away.

Nadeem knows he holds two hearts in his hands now. He knows one will be hurt. But either way, any heart that loses will hurt himself too. He still does not dare to make any choice. He still sees himself hanging up there. But he knows which hand will save him. He just needs time. He just needs to savor the moment for now because the ending will be different.

"I thought having sex in the car would be suffocating." Nathan became the first one to break the silence. "I remember someone wants to fuck in a car... I refuse." He chuckles. "I did try, but I don't like it."

"And now the perception changed?" Nadeem raises his brow.

Nathan turns to look at the man. "You changed it. It probably just valid because of you."

To say that it makes Nadeem smile is understandable. He's happy. He's delighted to hear those little statements. And at the same time, he feels guilty for the reason that he couldn't form words.

"Am I pathetic, Nadeem?"

That question surprised the boss.

"Am I pathetic like this?" Nathan asked. "By wanting you even, I know I'm not on the option."

"Don't say that you're not in the option, Nathan."

"But it's true." Nathan smiles bitterly.

Nadeem takes a deep breath. "To be honest, I only want you in the option."

"I know."

And that's the truth. Nathan knows that. Nathan knows he's the only person the boss wants to be with.

"But I don't want you to lose your daughter."

Nadeem couldn't give any response. He knows he wants the same thing too. But he doesn't know what to say.

"I'm not sure how far I can endure all this." Nathan continues. "I don't know if I can stay forever in this situation. But I know for now... I want to be here. Just to be here."

Nadeem turns his attention somewhere else. He wants to cry. He really wants to cry hearing that. He knows one day he will lose either way. Either Nathan or his daughter. But before that day come, he wants to cherish what is in front of him. It's selfish. But that's the best thing for now.

__________________________________________

Tbh, when I look again, it's not long till this story end. Like what I said, I don't want to make drama too much here. Probably because I have other stories with much more drama. So, I let this one slide.

xoxo, D