Chapter 23

Chapter 23

It was awkward and silent all the way in the car. The only time they talked was when Nadeem asked if it was okay for them to just go to the boss' house, which would be no problem for Nathan. The boy was still trying to process what was happening. It feels like everything happened so fast. He couldn't even have the time actually to be in the picture to experience it.

Nadeem, on the other hand, was calm. No one knows what's on his mind. He looks like nothing is troubling him. He handled things professionally, considering the event was made for his company. They left the venue without clearing anything. People were indeed talking and gossiping. But that will be the slightest problem for them to think about.

To Nathan's surprise, he should feel sad. He should be crying about what just happened to him. But instead, he doesn't even know if he's fired from his work or not. He couldn't even find Brendan since everything was so fuzzy. But, instead, he's worried. He's concerned about what will happen to Nadeem.

Nathan knows how to survive without any job. He knows how to take care of himself without caring about any reputation. But for Nadeem, this is a tick-tock bomb for his life. Everything will be put on the line. Everything that he works for. Everything that he sacrificed for.
The boy feels so happy. In that situation, Nadeem chooses him. But he felt so selfish for that. He knows the consequences of only being charged with Nadeem. And he has no power to help.

"We're here."

Nathan snaps back to reality. He felt like they were not even on the road for ten minutes. He's not even done thinking. He looks around. It's a big house, for sure. Nothing like his apartment.

Nadeem got out of the car, followed by the boy. He walks calmly inside. "Come on in."

Nathan obeyed. He saunters without failing to study every inch of the house. To his surprise, it was plain. It's not decorated luxury even though it's big enough to be one of those expensive mansions. It's tidy.

"Here." Nadeem hands a bottle of juice to the boy.

"A juice?" Nathan raises his brow.

Nadeem walks to the living room before settling on the couch. "Alcohol wouldn't settle any problem."

Nathan followed and sat on the couch across from him. He drinks it all. "Damn. That's refreshing."

"It will clear your head." Nadeem agreed.

They fall into silence. The man seems to be in thought for a while. Making Nathan wouldn't dare to say anything. He feels like everything will be a trigger. He's afraid to damage the man more than he already is.

"Do you want to live here with me?"

Nathan's jaw dropped. "Seriously?? That is the thing that we should discuss right now?"

Nadeem raises his brow. "What else?"

"Nadeem..." Nathan takes a deep breath. "What just happened? People found out that you're gay."

"I never even intend to hide it." He said calmly. "I just didn't see the need to announce it."

"You're a married man," Nathan stated. "And gay. People surely talk about that."

"They already talked about my cold relationship with my wife. Nothing to be afraid of."

"What do you mean?"