Chapter 25

Chapter 25

The custody battle ended with a defeat. Nadeem lost his rights to Scarlet. He's sad, but gladly it's not hitting him that hard. He manages to hug the little girl for the last time and tell her how much he will love her no matter what. But Ariana wouldn't compromise anything. She knows she can only punish Nadeem by taking Scarlet away.

Another crazy thing was that Nadeem's mother had already found out about Nathan. Ariana already spills the tea before the final hearing. The old lady is coming to the house. Thankfully, she's been accepting. She's not the typical homophobic mother. Besides, knowing that Nadeem could easily cut ties with her if she opposes probably scares her.

Nathan slammed the door when they got home. Surprisingly, he's angrier than Nadeem about the result of the battle. "How could they let that happen?" The boy spat. "You have been a better parent for Scarlet than that woman."

Nadeem removed his coat, listening to his boyfriend. He didn't even bother calming him down.

"And you can't come near her at all!" Nathan grunts. "Because you're—what? Abusive? Like what the fuck?"

Yes, that's the main reason why the jury chose to let Ariana win the battle. Because she claims Nadeem abuses her and is afraid that Scarlet will be the next victim. No evidence can be found, but their old maid suddenly comes forward and confirms it. Ariana probably paid her.

"That bitch is crazy!" Nathan swears.

Nadeem let out a small chuckle. "It's fine, dear. Things already happen, and the result is out."

"Why are you not pissed?" Nathan narrowed his eyes. "You could never see Scarlet anymore."

"Until she's 18. After that, she will be an adult, and Ariana has no power over her anymore." Nadeem said calmly. "Whatever it is, they still share the same blood."

"But—"

"Hey..." Nadeem reaches to hold Nathan's hand. "It's fine. Scarlet is probably what Ariana has left. I have you. So, I'm fine."

Nathan's heart melt. All the anger disappears. Honestly, he won't have a problem if Scarlet does not end up staying with them because he has no relations with the little girl. But he's afraid that Nadeem will leave him.

"I told you so many times..." Nadeem speaks calmly. "I rather lose her than you. Not because I don't love her. But, because I know one day I can meet her again." The boss forms a sweet smile. "It's different. My bond with her as a father. But with you..." He pokes Nathan's cheek. "My bond with you is my life. You're my other half. I can't risk losi—"

Before Nadeem could finish, the boy had already smashed his lips onto the boss', to which he responded immediately. Nathan fell harder. He couldn't help but keep being paranoid. Nadeem has everything. He could have ten 'Nathan' if he wants. So, the boy can only try his best to be the only one. The boss is aware of this. He knows Nathan has this never end insecurity. So, he tries his best to ensure that Nathan learns he's the only one.

It's not accessible to date in this society. So even though sexuality has already become a normal relationship in this era, there's always something they could never have. Sometimes the boy worried about not being able to give children. Nadeem never truly wants it, but he never hates the idea, either. They could always apply for adoption if they decide to have it.

Acception is something they always needed. Thankfully both families did not oppose the relationship. And that's enough to keep them going. As for what people would say, it's not a problem. Although, of course, it isn't delightful if they hear it. But they know society is not the people who will keep them alive and feed them in daily life.

The little things that they have now are what give them happiness. But they know they will face problems ahead in the future. There will be a time that they will have a huge fight. But, knowing that their bond is more vital than that, they decide to face it together.

I guess this is the only way to end this. I don't want to create more drama. So, I hope this is good enough.

xoxo, D