Chapter 37

Jungkook sat on the floor of his room, as his heartbeat increased with every rapid breath he took. He saw her, she saw him.

His head resting on the door for support, he was unable to think clearly. Why here, and why now? What was she doing here? Did she know he worked there, and was she looking for him? Thoughts piled into his mind like wood in a fireplace, only adding fuel to his already burning mind.

Attempting to push his body to stand up, he noticed something in his hand. A book, from the library. The sight of the book itself worked like CD in his head, as it played the scene at the library once again, and just like that her image came to mind in slow motion, depicting every detail.

She hadn't grown much at all, and yet, something about her seemed so different. She'd never frequented public libraries before, at least not after they got married, she had everything she needed back home...

Home? Did she still live there, and how had she gotten here. Had she finally obtained a drivers license and drove here, or maybe through public transport... But was that even possible, she hated public transport.

His thoughts flew in and out, investigating moreover, over analysing everything. Realizing his state of desperation, he couldn't help but cringe at how pitiful his own pitiful state.

Had he even moved on from her? Still sitting on the floor, he let his long muscular legs stretch far on the floor, closing his eyes for a moment, he let in a deep breath only to let it escape in a hurry. His mind went silent as he did so, and soon his entire body followed as he fell into a deep sleep, on the floor of his room.

_____________________

Loud knocking sounds resonated through the room. Jungkook awakened with an abrupt jolt, causing his head to hit the door behind him. In pain he winced reaching to the back of his head, in attempt to sooth the pain.

" Jungkook..." it was Jimin's voice coming from the other side of the door. " Are you okay? dinners ready." she asked in worry after no response.

" I'm coming." he answered quickly the moment he felt her attempt on opening the door, putting pressure on to Jungkook's back. Satisfied by his answer, she left.

" Dinner? Already, for how long was I asleep?" Jungkook wondered as he stood up. Looking out through the window it had already started to get dark, had he really slept till dinner.

Paying it no matter, he opened the door, and made his way to the dinner table where Jimin sat." Martin's coming home late tonight, he had a few errands to do, so looks like it's just you and me for now."

" Seems to be the case." he responded with a weary smile, before sitting down.

" What's that you have in your hand?" Jimin asked suddenly, suprising Jungkook. Looking down to his hand, it seemed he was still holding on to it.

" OH yeah, right... uhm, I just so happen to stumble upone it while choring through the library, and thought it sounded like a very interesting book."

" Choring you say, is that some type of new slang for doing you chores." she said as she looked at him with a raised brow, signifying that something seemed suspicious.

He nodded in acknowledgement to her conclusion, while serving himself some rice in a bowl to avoid eye contact.

" Can I see it? " She asked with a smile, and reached out as he handed her the book. " Blind in love uh?" She recited.

Jungkook almost chocked on his fish the moment he heard her read the quirky title. He would never, and she knew that. Clearing his throat, he spoke. " Trying out something new." he quickly corrected in his defence.

She smiled knowingly. " I know... " He sighed, when it seemed she believed him. " I know that this isn't something you'd borrow Jungkook, because it's not yours to do so in the first place." her sudden declaration had him silently anxious. " And you know exactly who wanted this book borrowed Jungkook." Her eyes creased, as she smiled bitterly to her own confession." Why did you run away from your own wife?" She said in a confession.

Eyes wide he looked her in the eyes in pure chock of her sudden confession." How... No, I don't know what you're talking about."

" You can just as well stop denying the truth because she told me everything. And yes, I met her at the library right after you left, and she was crying, not to mention she was calling for you." She stopped in her tracks giving him the opportunity to take this in.

The truth was spoken, and he had no choice but to face it. " What did she tell you..." he whispered, yet loud enough for her to hear. His blood boiled in anger and discomfort for what she might have told Jimin. She could've lied to cover her foul sins.

" At first i walked up to her and asked if she was alright, but she couldn't even talk. She told me that her name was Y/N, and that she was your wife."

" And..." He wanted to interrupt her, to say something to stop this, but he had to... No, he needed to know what it is that she told Jimin, he just had to wait and be patient.

" And that she hadn't seen you for years, because apparently you left her after leaving on military duty."

That's not true that's what he wanted to say, but refrained himself wanting to hear everything. " D-did you tell her where I was?" He asked anxiously.

" No I didn't..." She responded." No, I merely introduced myself, but only as your boss, nothing else." He slowly realised a generous sigh in relief. " I-Jungkook, I don't understand, why are you relieved, what's going on? "

" It's a long story, one for another day. " He said as he readied himself to return to his delightful meal.

Frowning, she watched him eat, clouded in confusion. None of this made sense. Had he not wished for her? Was it not her name he had cried for in his sleep? So then why... Why was he so relieved to have her gone.

" She left...right?" He asked calmely. She nodded.

" But, that book, it belongs to her..." Stopping in his tracks, he let the chopsticks slightly rest on his lower lip, as his eyes raised to meet hers in attention. " I told her that I'd make sure to return it to her, as your reckless actions were rated poor customer service..."

Unable to understand where this was going, he stayed quiet, patiently waiting for her to continue that sentence.

" So tomorrow she'll be waiting at the Caffè next to the library, for you to return the book to her. " His eyes went wide at her last sentence.

" What do you mean?"

" You Jungkook are going to meet up with your costumer at the Caffè to not only return the book, but apologies for having taken it in the first place. "