Chapter 12

Bakugo and Jiro did eventually return to class.

For last lesson, after lunch (Yamada-sensei had returned later during the day to make lunch for all of them and Aizawa-sensei had said they could stay but would need to return by last lesson for him to talk to the whole class).

So of course, they took that to the limits.

Bakugo and Jiro both walked in the door, smiles on their faces just moments after the bell went off. Aizawa-sensei wasn't in the room, but someone more annoying about that was.

"Bakugo and Jiro! Why are you arriving to class late?" Despite the sombre mood of the class from the morning, and a still lingering sadness in several members of the class that seemed to be steadily turning to anger of some kind, Iida had enough energy to call out the two for their slight infraction.

Both their smiles immediately fell as Jiro gave Iida a death stare and Bakugo resisted the urge to completely curse the boy out. They opted to not engage Iida beyond that and got to their seats, Jiro quietly humming a tune to herself as Bakugo tapped his fingers on the desk.

Out of the corner of her eye, Jiro did see Iida look taken completely aback by their lack of acknowledgement of him, and saw Uraraka go over to comfort the saddened boy. Jiro couldn't help but roll her eyes as they waited for Aizawa-sensei to enter the room.

She knew many students in the room were looking at both her and Bakugo cautiously, unsure of what to make of the two, but mostly unsure how to approach the topic that hung over the class's head.

Well, Bakugo and Jiro both knew how they wanted to approach it. But they opted to respect Midoriya when it came to this topic and would rather he approach it as he felt was right; the boy didn't need more stress or chaos adding on top of everything that had happened.

She trusted the Midoriya would go ahead and handle the whole situation whenever he felt ready, and however he wanted to.

For now, she would settle with pointedly ignoring and dissing the rest of the class whenever the situation called for it. She felt it was suitable, and quite honestly it was very enjoyable.

In her eyes; a win-win.

Bakugo's approach tended to be more volatile, however it seemed to work for the boy as he successfully got the class to stop openly bugging him, and seemingly by association he got them to stop annoying Jiro too. 

Not that she would complain about that.

Finally Aizawa-sensei walked into the room, the friendlier look on his face that she and Bakugo got to see in the dorms completely gone as he stared down the class. Most of the class shivered at the pressure in his gaze, even the normally stoic Todoroki turned his head away from the piercing glare of their homeroom teacher.

"Alright. As you know, Midoriya is back now, and if I hear any kind of rumours spreading from anyone, and I find out you started, you will regret ever stepping into my classroom. Aside from that, I should inform you of the next opportunity coming up," Aizawa-sensei said, a screen dropping down from the ceiling and he pressed a button, turning the lights off and the projector turning on.

"The Sports Festival is in two weeks from now-"

"Wait! Isn't that unsafe! We just got attacked by terrifying villains!" Mineta cut Aizawa-sensei off, who simply sighed and was about to speak, when Kirishima spoke first.

"Mineta, how scared of them are you? We beat them before, we can beat them again!" Kirishima declared, smiling confidently.

"Nah nah nah, Mineta's right!" Kaminari said, pushing his hand in Kirishima's face as he cut in, "The villain's are terrifying! Surely it's not safe to still have some sports festival? What if they come back?!"