Chapter 17

Jiro wasn't quite sure what she had gotten herself into.

For the second event, they were participating in a cavalry battle, and honestly she didn't know what to expect from it. All she knew was that she teamed up with Bakugo, who had the only important amount of points on the team of a casual million, and the weird pink-haired inventor from earlier, who just kind of invited herself and neither Bakugo nor Jiro could be bothered trying to convince her otherwise. She had good ideas and could provide a lot to the team that they needed. Mostly someone else to help carry Jiro, who would be the rider.

They wanted to play exactly within the rules. Which meant that Jiro couldn't touch the ground. However, with Hatsume carrying Jiro using her gadgets and with the might of Hatsume's gadgets, they would in theory not need to touch the ground. At least not willingly.

So Jiro was strapped up with a jet pack thing, whilst Hatsume wore hover boots of some kind. And the moment that Midnight finished the countdown, they had soared in the sky, barely staying up with the occasional sputter from Hatsume's machinery instilling deep concern within Jiro who just had to swallow her concern and hope it wouldn't go to shit.

Meanwhile, Bakugo was self-propelled just to the side of Hatsume and Jiro, flying off of his explosions.

"You sure this is a good idea?" Jiro asked Bakugo again, who just chuckled, a few extra crackles and sparks coming out of his hands.

"Abso-fucking-lutely!" Bakugo declared, a smirk on his face as his eyes roamed the field below of the fighting groups. A few students dared look up at the leading group, flying high above them all. Very few however had the means to be capable of attacking them, let alone bringing them down. So Hatsume and Jiro were completely safe, all they had to do was stay in the air for the fifteen minutes of the game. 

Bakugo however, was itching for a fight.

"I mean, it's not like you have anything to lose, so..." Jiro shrugged, and Bakugo cackled, before blasting into the field.

"Is he going to kill someone?" Hatsume asked Jiro, the pink-haired girl's unique pupils zooming into the field below.

Jiro just shrugged, "If he does, they deserved it."

"Ah."

Bakugo was soaring down to the ground, using occasional explosions to steer himself. He honestly didn't have a particular target in mind, he just wanted to let off some steam. Having to deal with Todoroki the entire race was really getting to him and due to the nature of the event he didn't get a chance to let any of the rage out. But now he was able to just take people on. Because there was nothing stopping him - his 'horse' technically wasn't broken and he wasn't the one carrying the points. So long as he kept an eye out for anyone trying to pull any shenanigans with his team as the target, it would work out alright. 

He wasn't really paying attention as he made a beeline towards his first target, some random blonde kid who had a slight superiority complex if the words he was saying was anything to go by. Okay maybe that was a bit hypocritical, but hey, Bakugo was improving.

Bakugo smirked as he began with his explosions, making it so that his next move would be unable to be figured out - they could barely see him through the thick veil of smoke and bright explosives.

And of course this move gathered a lot of attention from other teams, all desperately trying to avoid whatever altercation was about to go down, all except for the one he was targeting. They had produced a large disc barrier that looked like it was literally just made of air, but it gave Bakugo some kind of landing platform to stand on as he smirked at them.