Chapter 13: Blood

I... Am... BACK!!!

My old phone was finally fixed and I could access my writing and all of my outlines!

I'm so sorry for making u'all wait haha

CW: violence, thoughts of violence/murder/killing, mentions of death, death of a family member(s), mention of breaking bones, demonic magic, intense anger, cursing, crying, tell me if I need to add more! Stay safe!
___

It was suddenly dark.

Virgil looked around the darkness that surrounded him. It seemed almost endless like he had fallen into an abyss. What happened? Where was he? He was filled with panic and confusion as his eyes frantically looked around, trying to latch onto something. Someone. Anything.

"Hello?" He called out weakly. No one responded. Virgil tried to take in a deep breath as he wrapped his arms around himself. Why was he here? He looked around, his mind almost running wild with reasons. Almost.

He heard the soft humming of a woman. His head Immediately snapped up at the faint sound.

 "Anyone there? Hello?" Virgil called out again, spinning around to where he had heard the voice.

He saw a small sliver of light in the distance. His eyes widened and filled with the tiniest bit of hope. Before he could even blink, his body gravitated towards the light and voice, his feet feeling as if they were floating as he practically ran towards it.

All of a sudden the dark cold abyss shifted and faded to a warm kitchen.

There stood a woman with jet black hair that was tied up in a ponytail, she had chocolate brown eyes and small wrinkles near her eyes, a small smile on her face. It seemed that she smiled often. She continued to hum as she stirred a sauce of sorts in the pan, the bubbling noise of it pulling Virgil back.

Virgil stopped short, almost frozen as he stared at the Woman. His heart ached and screamed to go closer but he stayed still, trying to process who exactly he was looking at... there was no doubt about it.

"Mom?" Virgil called out, his voice almost a whisper. His throat was dry and tight. What was she doing here? She can't be here, she's dead.

The woman giggled Softly, her eyes creasing with a smile, "Yes, my little spiderling?" She hummed.

Virgil was overwhelmed with a rush of suppressed emotions. His eyes welled up with tears, he hadn't heard her call him that for years, "Mom, I-"

"Can I pick tonight's movie?"

Virgil froze. He heard it behind him and immediately turned to the new voice. There he saw... Himself, only that he was small, about eight years old and wearing a onesie. Virgil's eyes filled with confusion as he watched himself walk up to his mom.

She smiled, "Of course, Sweetheart, whatever you want," she said, then paused "unless you're going to choose a horror movie. You're way too young to watch them." she said sternly.

Little Virgil huffed, "Fine.." he grumbled, crossing his arms.

Oh. 

This... This was a dream, wasn't it? 

Virgil was frozen as he watched his young self talk with his mom. Slowly, a strained smile pulled at his lips, tears building up. 

He let out a sad laugh

 "Of course it's a dream. My mind just loves to remind me of what I don't have anymore, doesn't it?" He mumbled out to himself sarcastically, running his hand through his hair, his eyes only filling with more tears.