You Must Remember This || Reviewer: monique0912345

Title: You Must Remember This
Author: FranklinBarnes
Genre: Literary Fiction

Note from Reviewer monique0912345 : Thank you for requesting the Diamond package. Here is your review. I hope it was helpful.

════════════════════════

The Blurb on You Must Remember This:
"This roaring homage to Catch-22 transplants dysfunctional bureaucracy to a Silicon Valley high school (aptly named Heller High School) plagued by incompetent students and even more incompetent teachers. One exploiter of the system is Franklin Barnes, who after growing tired of his peers' seeming disinterest in anything but the triviality of high school, writes a satirical manifesto lampooning all they stand for in the name of "becoming a good person." Ironically, his absurd maxims are lapped up by his peers, who see Frank's teachings as a fast track to success."

"After an admired teacher suggests Frank look into the Third Wave, Frank makes the misguided decision of seeing exactly how far he can take his new social experiment, his initial desire to help Heller see the light outweighed by his morbid curiosity. As Frank works on consolidating his own power, he deals with managing the angsty crises of his peers who through some miracle see Frank as a mentor, and the growing romantic attention of one of his devotees."

Blurb:
I felt your blurb was great. We got to know who we are reading about, which is Franklin Barnes. We got to know where this is set, which is in Heller High school. And we also got to learn what the conflict is, which was about Frank's peers and such.

Title:
I felt your title is unique and I quite liked it.

Cover:
I really liked your cover. It was colourful and it looked pleasing to the eye. I do want to suggest having the title of your novel a little bigger and to add an author name otherwise someone can easily take your cover and claim it as theirs.

════════════════════════

Plot/Flow:
I'm going to be honest here, I saw no or very little plot. While reading I had no idea what the conflict was, who the 'main character' was which, by the blurb, indicated was Franklin, so I felt a little ripped off by it. While reading, the first half was all just an info-dump of description with no character voice or 'plot' to move the story forward. I felt the flow is slow as there was nothing to grip me into wanting to continue reading.

════════════════════════

Grammar:
The grammar throughout was really well. You had your semicolons in the correct spots, your full stops correctly and you always punctuated the next sentence... well word with a capital letter to indicate a new sentence. You had your commas used correctly and you punctuated your dialogue very well when it came to dialogue vs action tags.

════════════════════════

Character Development:
I can't really comment on character development as it took so, so long in the first chapter to get a point of view or even a character voice. When the dialogue and the teacher's point of view finally came to light almost midway through the chapter I was like "Rejoice! Finally a character, finally a voice, finally someone we can get into the head of!" I was so happy.