Homosexually Straight || Reviewer: ZianDutt

┎┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┒
Book: Homosexually Straight
Author: sarcastic-mess
Reviewed by: 
Type of Review: Grand Dragon
┖┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┚

Cover: 4/5

To say the least, I absolutely adored your cover! While I think the elements could be made to stand out more by zooming in on the silhouette a little more and writing the author's name in a font that complements the title, I believe your cover fits in the appropriacy of the genre.

The color scheme is unique, and it does not come across as overdecorated or dazzling. However, I'd suggest you shift the saying: "Why is being straight a stereotype?" to the top of the cover to bring it out more, but that may be subjective, since it works just fine above the first word of the title as well. Moreover, the woman stitching a rainbow strip was yet another unique element I have not seen before. The text fits the romance theme as well, and it stands out from other stories over on Wattpad, which is a commendable effort on the designer's end, whoever they may be.

Title: 5/5

A very eye-catching and intriguing title that accurately throws light upon the theme and gist of the story. On seeing the title of the book, I'd be compeled to pick up the book, which is yet another innovative thing the author has managed to do.

While not being extraneously long, the title also reflects upon the LGBTQIA theme of the story. I could not have thought of a better title of the story, so great job!

Blurb: 2/5

By no stretch of imagination is your blurb bad or seems to have been written by an incompetent author, but it could still use work. I'll elaborate below the different areas where you could re-work your blurb.

---Condensation: Right now, the blurb seems to be scattered all over the place without proper tying up, and some pieces of information need not be there. For example: "Her dads are her life, but since the arrival of puberty, the only thing which she had acquired was a jar full of insecurities, making her insecure about her awesome dads." My suggestion would be to re-work into something as: "Her dads are her life, and she had never felt insecure about them. (A line break) Until puberty came crashing down on her." Of course, you should not and need not copy this verbatim, but I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

Another instance: "Peter Hemmings and Noah Benedict, realized how their daughter was suffering because of their decision of being together and going against the societal norms. Infuriated, they collectively decide to go make her switch school." This is an example of a clunky sentence that'd fling the reader out of the main conflict the blurb is trying to emphasize. So, I'll suggest something along the lines of: "Peter Hemmings and Noah Benedict, realizing how their being together had affected their daughter, decided to make her switch schools." This flows better and does not read like a stilted summary of events.

Formatting: While not giving out a lot of unnecessary information, your blurb right now seems to not have been formatted properly. To elaborate, it's fragmented into one or two-line paragraphs, which does not make it look like a blurb but rather an outline of events. I'd suggest not having more than three paragraphs (excluding the pitch lines and one-word breaks)

On that note, there are some informal words which are moreso used on the Internet but not in standard literature, so I'll advise against using them within your blurb. I did not find many slangs or informal Internet terms, but there was one, namely, weirdo, that read awkwardly. You can use a substitute for it which fits the context. There is a passive sentence, too: "She was straight, and straights were despised in Pride High." A better way of phrasing this would be: "She was straight, and people like her were despised at Pride High" (Yes, the preposition "at" is used when it comes to schools, unless one is referring to an individual's physical presence in the building of the school(s) )