Ribbon || Reviewer: TheBeanFairy

╔═════ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ══════╗
𝑅𝑒𝑣𝑖𝑒𝑤𝑒𝑟: Adella
𝑅𝑒𝑣𝑖𝑒𝑤 𝑃𝑎𝑐𝑘𝑎𝑔𝑒: Artemis
𝐵𝑜𝑜𝑘: Ribbon
𝐴𝑢𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑟: VeraChendra
╚═════ ∘◦ ❈ ◦∘ ══════╝

●・○・●・○・●・○・●・○・●

Title

The title is perfect for the type of story you're writing. It's simple, interesting, and easy to remember. It also goes along with your blurb very nicely, and I can definitely see what you were trying to go for with the "frayed ribbon" line, in relation to the title. On those fronts you did amazing!

The one issue I could see with the title is that, unless you read the blurb, the title seems to have nothing to do with the story itself. People do generally read the blurbs before reading the book, but titles usually give a little insight into what the book is going to be about or the characters within it. Your title doesn't really connect with the rest of the book, other than the blurb.

●・○・●・○・●・○・●・○・●

Cover

The cover is absolutely gorgeous! It's appealing to the eye, the colors contrast nicely, the font is beautifully simple, and it has just enough elements to make it interesting, but not so many that it becomes crowded. It's eye catching, especially with the golden face on the front, and I would definitely be tempted to pick it up at a bookstore.

●・○・●・○・●・○・●・○・●

Grammar

You didn't have many grammar or spelling mistakes at all, which is always a great thing. You do have a couple of stray mistakes, but they're easily fixed and not bad enough to take away from your story.

In chapter one you only have 3 small mistakes.

The first is when Meera is thinking about LA and it says "try hard." The word would actually be "tryhards" or "try-hards" instead.

The second is when Meera is thinking about the Farewell family and mentions the "stocks market." It would actually be the "stock market."

Finally the third is simply a stray "l" in one of the final paragraphs, when Don Roma was telling Meera that she would flourish.

In chapter two you, once again, only have 3 small mistakes.

The first mistake is in the very first paragraph, when Anya is thinking about her family's business. It says "It was still a business but if someone wanted to be technical about it." Which doesn't make much sense, even with context clues. You likely just missed a few words or added a couple too many, which is easily fixed.

The second mistake is in the paragraph right after Ivan calls Anya a menace. There's a "b" where there should be a space, so it reads "Anyabpicked" instead of "Anya picked."

The final mistake is in one of the later paragraphs, when Anya is thinking of Irina. It says "she left to back to her boarding school," so you're missing a "go" between the first "to" and "back."