Chapter 9

(Hello everyone!
Pokemon is not mine. The pic above is a screenshot from Amazon. You can get the battle frontier badges there.
It looks pretty cool huh?
'thinking'
"talking"
-pokespeech-
Enjoy!)

Hoenn had been a whirlwind of emotions and adventures for Ash, May and Max. All three of them had connected with Legendaries and had gone through the pain of saying goodbye to them. Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Jiraichi and Manaphy had left quite an impression on the three of them. Although Ash should be used to meeting Legendaries at this point, it didn't make the dangers any less. Ash had won his Battle Frontier title and license from Brandon who offered him a place as a Battle Brain. The dark haired teen had however declined saying he wanted to travel more to which Brandon simply nodded. Lucario had returned to the Kingdom of Rota after ensuring Ash was trained enough in aura. 

Queen Ilene wished Lucario to train the new batch of knights, which consisted of three humans who had received Riolu as their starter Pokemon. It was a common knowledge that people who had Riolu as a starter tended to develop aura abilities as well. May had won her first Grand Festival, she had taken to training or rather Lucario had dragged her and Max to train, as he realized would be leaving soon after Ash's tournament and Frontier battle. Max was returning home to Hoenn with his four Pokemon, Ralts had decided to follow Max. He had decided to train under his dad and take over the gym while May chose to travel through Kanto after a little incident in Petalburg. Ash decided to go to Sinnoh as that was where Gary was currently and promised to keep in touch with both May and Max.

Cofagrigus, "Cofa!"

Ash, "You know I'll be fine right? There's no Team Aqua or Magma in Sinnoh."

Electabuzz looked at him, "Buzz buzz."

Lucario chimed, -You can't blame big brothers for being worried Meema. You attract trouble.-

Pikachu snickered as Ash pouted at them, they had spent a month relaxing in Pallet town. May had stayed there for a week learning about the best routes to avoid running into any crazy reporters. She had been seen during the Rayquaza, Groudon and Kyogre event and many had asked if she was aiming to be Ash's girlfriend. She had become frustrated after being asked for the fifteenth time and shouted she was seeing Anabel. Her Dad had coughed and spluttered on hearing that and May had pleaded Ash to get her out of Hoenn. Ash had given her a sympathetic look and the two had left at night after having dinner with Max wishing his sister good luck. Caroline had asked her daughter many questions about Anabel which had May blushing and stuttering before leaving. Norman was not happy someone had caught his daughter interest and grumbled about it. Ash only sweatdropped patting his back.

Ash giggled, "Not as much trouble as May was in after her parents found out about her crush."

Cofagrigus, "Cofa cofa grigus cofa."

Ash, "Sinnoh! Can you see if Gary is here?"

Cofagrigus, "Cofa!"

Ash looked at where Cofagrigus was pointing and saw Gary standing at the dock surrounded by his Pokemon. It looks like there were a few other people around too who kept a distance only thanks to Gary's Electivire. Ash sweatdropped at the number of people who were waiting patiently at the dock. Gary looked happy when he noticed him and Ash could see he looked well despite the extra people.

Ash ran and jumped on Gary after the ship docked at the port, "Gary!"

Gary grinned and hugged, "Ashy! Welcome to Sinnoh, I have so much to tell you."

Ash, "And I have a lot to tell you too."

"Excuse me Champion Ash!"

"We have a few questions!"