2

Chapter 2:

"what task?"
"you smiled!"
"no i didn't?"
"ohh don't lie!"
"why were you late?"
"um, nothing much, i got zoned out on the way"
"i told you you should come with me!"
"you know i don't like it"

haruto sighed. jeongwoo smiled and patted his back, "let's focus on the class now!". haruto nodded.

jeongwoo looked around to see junkyu looking at him, junkyu smiled at him, he smiled back. "what is going on?"
"huh? nothing?"
"i mean what is the teacher teaching?"
"oh!", jeongwoo opened haruto's book to the same page and pointed at a topic while looking at junkyu. haruto glared at jeongwoo and snatched his book away.

jeongwoo looked at him in confusion.

the bell rang and jeongwoo ran out of the class. haruto sighed and mumbled, "he knows i don't talk to-"
when junkyu came to him and said, "you guys seemed close, are you friends?"
haruto got up and went out. jihoon and yedam walked upto junkyu and said, "newbie, come to the canteen with us!"

haruto went to the canteen to see jeongwoo bringing two plates towards him, he took one and found a seat, jeongwoo sat in front of him and started eating. "are you in a hurry?"

"yeah! i have a shif- i mean i need to switch my library book!"
"oh, can i come along?"
"

no!"
"why not?"
"just stay in the class"
"but-"
"i know you talk to no one- hey, how do you like the new guy?"
"why are you bringing him up?"
"he's cute isn't he?"
haruto didn't reply.

jeongwoo got up and patted his head, "i'll go then!"
"alright, i'll save you a seat in the ground!"
jeongwoo nodded with a smile and went to the library.

he wore the uniform and id card and started assembling the new stock. he stood there and opened a book named, "why did i fall for him?"
he smiled looking at the bookmark which said, "this has so many relatable incidents!".

jeongwoo has always been interested in poetry, more specifically love poetry.

"jeongwoo! have you assembled the poetry section?", jeongwoo was startled and dropped the book.

"done! coming!"
jeongwoo hurriedly kept the book in the shelf and went to the information desk in the library and started printing the book lists. the teacher smiled at him and said, "you're so hardworking, how do you manage scoring well and working together?"
"it's a secret teacher!"
she laughed and nodded.

haruto's pov:

he said he's going to switch the books and come, what is taking him so long. i sat down on the seat waiting for the physical education class to start and placed my towel on the seat beside me to secure jeongwoo a seat.

the new kid was introducing himself for the fifth time today. i looked around and saw hyunsuk hyung playing football. i went down as he waved at me. i went down and everyone looked at me.
"ruto, our player got hurt all of a sudden and we didn't prepare for an extra player-"
"alright, got you"

i went inside the field to play for his team, the other team was of seniors, i looked at my seat. jeongwoo, where are you. i told myself i was worrying for no reason, but who takes so much time in the library.

i suddenly heard a loud voice cheering my name from the class. it was the new guy, everyone looked at him weirdly, the girls laughed and cheered for me. i rolled my eyes and continued playing.

our team won, hyunsuk hyung thanked me for covering up. i nodded and went back to my seat, i picked up the towel and cleaned my sweaty face. the new guy sat beside me, i looked away. he clapped and said, "you played so well!"
i nodded. he kept sitting there as he talked about everything else.

jeongwoo's pov:

"it's time for physical education class", i said to myself and ran down after removing the library card and coat.

i went down to see everyone celebrating a win, i smiled and went to where my class was. i searched for haruto and smiled at him, junkyu is trying hard. i was about to go to him when a thought hindered me.
what if junkyu thinks i am not letting him make friends with haruto?

i looked towards the football court.

haruto's pov:

i heard a voice of something falling and saw jeongwoo running down the stairs, i stood up and looked at him. he was running towards a girl who had fallen down. everyone looked there. i ran down. he picked the girl up and went towards the medical room. almost everyone followed them.

i sighed and went back to my seat to see the broken bottle of cola, i smiled and looked for my towel. i turned around after someone tapped my back.
"your towel"
"newbie, don't try to be close to me"
"why?"
"i already have a friend"
"you can always have more"
"i don't want more"
"well, they can fill in when your friend is not around you!"
i nodded.

he approached his hand, "friends?"
i nodded and shook his hand.

i looked up to see jeongwoo looking at us, he smiled as i looked at him.
he ran towards us and said, "i see you guys are getting along well! that's good!"
"no- actually-"
"it's good ruto!"
he smiled.

why are you so happy about it, you won't get rid of me like this.

he smiled at junkyu and ran away, shouting, "don't wait for me, i'll come home late!"
"why?"
"it's a secret!"
you and your secrets.

thank you for checking out the story. hope you're enjoying.
have a good day! ♡
✄✄✄✄