10

Chapter 10:

Haruto's mother had sent him a driver for him to leave before the trip ends. No one had any obligations, except for jeongwoo. he was just so confused, he didn't want haruto gone, but he just couldn't do anything.

Jeongwoo didn't go to wish him a goodbye. haruto felt numb, he didn't seem to be aware of his surroundings.

On his way home, haruto didn't know how the time passed. It felt like he reached home too soon.

Jeongwoo was distracted and busy with his responsibilities.

After the trip had ended, Jeongwoo went home to see a sports bike standing in front of their main gate. He was about to go inside when he saw haruto coming out, but he looked unfamiliar. He had a change in his hairstyle, his outfit style was changed, he was wearing a black leather jacket, some unnecessary jewelry and he had a helmet in his hand, very unlike the haruto jeongwoo knew.

Jeongwoo smiled slightly just to get ignored by haruto who catched his own pace on his new bike. Jeongwoo stood there confused for a minute before going inside his room, he wanted to ask how haruto was, but the boy didn't even greet him back.

"mom, I'm back"
"don't talk to me"
"why mom, what did I do?"
"jeongwoo! our purpose is to the serve the watanabe family, why didn't you protect haruto at all cost?"
"don't I have a life?"
"jeongwoo! did you forget your friendship with him? did you forget how he used to save you from the daily beatings your father gave you? even though unknowingly, he has done you many favours. You shouldn't keep them as a burden and try to return as many as possible!"
"oh come on mom, I just came back!"

jeongwoo sighed and threw his bag on the bed, jeongwoo looked at his shelf and looked back at his mother with widened eyes, "where are my toys?"
"he took him"
"who?"
"who else? haruto!"
"and you let him take it?"
"it belonged to him anyways"
jeongwoo sighed, the toys he fought for and haruto always took them away in the childhood, the toys he saved for himself, haruto took them away as well, he was back at his childish tactics.

jeongwoo woke up the next morning and went outside to see haruto going somewhere on his bike. jeongwoo didn't say much, he was annoyed by haruto now that haruto had been ignoring him and took his toys. he bent down to check his bicycle, the chain wasn't placed correctly, he sighed and looked at haruto who was on his phone.

haruto glanced at him, then continued looking at his phone.

"servant, are you going somewhere? bring all this stuff on your way home", mrs watanabe came out and handed a list and some money to jeongwoo, jeongwoo bowed and nodded. jeongwoo was weirded out, mrs. watanabe never called him that way, but he had to be a nice kid, for his mother.

haruto glared at his mother. "mom, don't make incompetent people do your chores!"
"what should I get them to do, then?"

haruto looked at his shoes and looked back at jeongwoo. jeongwoo scoffed, knowing what haruto wanted. trying to annoy me? I know you better than anyone else, watanabe.

jeongwoo bent down and cleaned haruto's shoe, "more than happy to clean my friend's shoes!", jeongwoo stood up and gave him a huge smile.
friend? my title has been demoted?

"there is this thing about shoes, no matter how much you clean them, they keep getting dirty, you must replace them"
"indeed. we still wear our favorite ones everyday though"
jeongwoo replied to haruto with another smile. haruto was taken back, he didn't have anything else to say. Mrs. watanabe sighed, everyone knew the conversation wasn't actually about shoes.

haruto snatched the list from jeongwoo. jeongwoo took it back, "I'll bring it on my way home, you might not know a thing about purchasing groceries. drive safe.", jeongwoo said firmly. haruto looked at jeongwoo, offended. jeongwoo had a good counterattack at haruto trying to annoy him.

mrs watanabe controlled her laugh and went inside.

jeongwoo kind of knew what haruto was up to. jeongwoo just didn't expect him to be that rude.

in the school, jeongwoo studied very hard, not noticing the tactics haruto played to trouble him.

"park jeongwoo, they're fighting with the seniors again", yedam said. jeongwoo nodded and calmly walked to the place.

haruto had a guy's neck in his hand and his other hand was rotated by that guy. jeongwoo sighed and pushed the two away, the guy tried punching haruto but instead jeongwoo got the hit.

everyone sighed loudly, "park jeongwoo!" everyone yelled.

"I'm sorry, I didn't meant to hit you-"
haruto didn't hold back and punched the guy. jeongwoo sighed and got up, pushing haruto away.

jeongwoo said, "it's okay sunbae, please don't fight with us juniors for mere matters"
"tell that to your classmate who revolves around us, enraged and then get into random fights"
"I'm sorry sunbae, you should get your wound treated"
"I know right, it stings you jerk!", the guy yelled at haruto.

haruto rolled his eyes and pushed jeongwoo away before heading outside.

jeongwoo sighed, junkyu noticed the change in haruto, junkyu walked to jeongwoo and said, "don't worry, I'll take care of him, for you"
jeongwoo didn't know what to say, he just nodded.

jeongwoo went back to the class to get welcomed by girls throwing water on him.
"what is this-"

"what the fuck!", yedam yelled.

"we thought the servant's son didn't get enough time to take a bath, so.."
a girl said.

jeongwoo stood there, hiding his tears with his wet face.

jihoon and yedam took jeongwoo to the medical room, "was it cold?"
jeongwoo nodded.

"it's okay guys, i felt hot anyways-"
"hot in this cold temperature? stop trying to hide the mistreatment by others!"
yedam yelled.

jeongwoo sat on the bed with his wet clothes and went on a sneezing spree.

junkyu removed the curtain from between to see what has happened, "jeongwoo! what is this?"
jeongwoo shook his head.

"yeah, you guys tell us what it is junkyu, did you both plan it?", yedam asked, glaring at haruto.

jeongwoo found a towel and started drying his hair.

junkyu sighed, "why would we do that!"
"we did it, I hope it was fun", haruto said and chuckled.

yedam was enraged, jihoon held him back.

the bell rang, jeongwoo went outside, drying himself on his own.

"jeongwoo!", jeongwoo looked back and gave a little smile.

"what happened?"
"nothing much, an accident"
"are you serious? you would catch cold this way! let me dry your hair for you"
jeongwoo didn't say anything.

chaeyoung sighed, "come on, what are you waiting for!"
she snatched the towel from him.

thank you for checking out the story

thank you for checking out the story. hope you're enjoying.
have a good day! ♡
✄✄✄✄