3

chapter 3:

secret?
what secret park jeongwoo, you working part-time at a restaurant? jeongwoo used to work part-time in a restaurant in the evening with the excuse he'd go and study in the public library. haruto used to wonder why his friend wanted to study alone but he used to think it might be because jeongwoo finds haruto distracting sometimes. haruto has always had a high self confidence and it was well liked.

jeongwoo had finished his shift and he was going back home on his bicycle. he stopped by a flower shop and bought a plant. he smiled looking at it, "so pretty, grow well!"

"thank you so much", he greeted the girl in the shop who was looking at jeongwoo in an admiring way and went back home.

he parked his bicycle by the side of the main gate and went towards the back door which led to his and his mother's place. his mother's face lit up as she saw her son, "which one today?"
"magnolia"

his mother took out her phone and searched for it, "long life? optimism?", jeongwoo nodded and freshened up.

"jeongwoo, i've made some bread rolls, go give some to haruto, he likes them"
jeongwoo nodded.

"right now! he must eat them when they're warm enough", jeongwoo sighed, dropping his pen on the table and went to give them to haruto.

as he entered the house he saw his best friend getting slapped by his mother. jeongwoo felt anger inside him, but he was mature enough to hold it back. haruto didn't say anything but smiled with a salty expression.

"are you smiling?", his mother yelled and glanced at jeongwoo. jeongwoo bowed and followed haruto out.

he was sitting at the same place he always sits when he's in sadness, anger or any negative emotion.

jeongwoo sat beside him on the grass, like he always had. jeongwoo looked at his face to see a red mark encrypted, he moved his hand closer to haruto's face but pulled away. jeongwoo looked in the front and said, "bread rolls?"
haruto looked at his best friend with a faint smile and nodded.

haruto got up and ran to the back door, he got inside and jeongwoo's mother smiled at him, "oh! young mas-"
"i told you not to call me that!"
"i-"
"how are you aunty?", haruto hugged her, she smiled and patted his back.

haruto went inside and sat on the bed. jeongwoo sighed and went inside, "they fought, he might-"
"let him stay, comfort him"
his mother said and went out. jeongwoo nodded and went to haruto, "eat them now", haruto nodded and munched on them like he has been doing since he was five.

"it's always the same taste, the unforgettable taste", haruto said with an unstable voice.

jeongwoo nodded and said, "you can rest here", haruto looked at him, "what?"
"i played football today"
"mhm?"
"i won"
"that's great!", jeongwoo smiled and patted his head.

"you won't ask me about the slap-"
"i don't want you to think about it for now"
"what do you want me to do?"
"just sleep for now"

haruto nodded and laid down. "remember when we were younger, i used to hug you while we slept because-"
"don't remind me of it"
"yah- why? you don't like that memory?", haruto asked as he pouted.

jeongwoo sighed and said, "it's just- i don't believe it-"
"you're not the same jeongwoo anymore?"
jeongwoo nodded hesitantly as he focused on his work.

"jeongwoo"
"yes?"
"am i annoying?"
"right now, if you don't sleep, yes"
"answer honestly"
jeongwoo sighed and went to sit beside haruto, "yes, sometimes, but i like it, you're acting like yourself sometimes, only to me, so it's-"
"that's what i wanted to hear, good"
jeongwoo sighed and looked at his friend's cheek.

jeongwoo chuckled and said, "you're blushing from one side-"
"shut up"

jeongwoo got him a cream to apply on his face, haruto applied it and he didn't realize tears were falling from his eyes. jeongwoo looked at him and smiled, "would you-"
haruto glanced at jeongwoo.

"would you like a hug?"
haruto chuckled, "didn't you just say you're not the same jeongwoo anymore?"
jeongwoo nodded and got up. haruto held his hand and cried. jeongwoo sighed, "you're so-"
"childish?"
"you could've said-"
"cute? am i?"
"n-no"

both of them chuckled and hugged each other. haruto felt relieved after having a tint of loosing my best friend feeling and jeongwoo was just happy satisfying his best friend.

jeongwoo woke up to see haruto on his bed. jeongwoo sighed and pushed him, "as expected, he's such a scaredy cat", as jeongwoo said that, haruto pushed him down the bed and ran back to his house.

"this is what you get after letting him stay-"
jeongwoo then thought about it and sighed, "it's his own house, he can go wherever he wants"

thank you for checking out the story

thank you for checking out the story. hope you're enjoying.
have a good day! ♡
✄✄✄✄