5

chapter 5:

"towel?"
jeongwoo took the towel from junkyu and dried his hair. he sighed and looked at junkyu, "are you okay?", junkyu nodded, "thanks to you". jeongwoo nodded and got up.

jeongwoo was wearing a white shirt such that the shapes of his abs was visible from his wet shirt. the class girls couldn't help but stare at him, who they called the son of a servant. jeongwoo left the towel there and went inside to look for haruto whose voice told him to get out. his best friend to whom he hasn't even wished yet.

but before he could find him, everyone else came in and wished for haruto to open the gifts.

haruto did so, with a tired and sad expression pulled on his face. jeongwoo stood by the door, shivering. haruto kept glancing at him. "and who gave this..?", haruto asked picking up jeongwoo's gift.

a girl raised her hand, jeongwoo chuckled and looked outside. haruto smiled and kept it away, "good for you, you covered it with shinchan print cover", the girl was embarrassed for lying.

everyone was leaving slowly, haruto took jeongwoo's gift and went to his room. jeongwoo knocked on his door, haruto opened it and ignored jeongwoo. jeongwoo got inside and closed the door.

haruto didn't look at him and sat on the bed with a poker face. jeongwoo held back his laughter. haruto glared at him, "i'm sorry it's just funny-".
haruto pointed beside him, "no, i'm not changing into your clothes-"
haruto glared at him. jeongwoo sighed and removed his wet shirt, haruto realized why all the girls were staring at his best friend.

what haruto noticed wasn't his muscles and abs, but his wounds. haruto looked at jeongwoo in shock, "the wounds-"
"don't mind them, they're just mere cloth allergy"

the door opened, junkyu stood with a startled expression, "j-jeongwoo-", haruto closed the door on his face.

"rude", jeongwoo stated. haruto sighed, jeongwoo wore haruto's shirt and sat on the bed. haruto looked at him, "happy birthday"
"the day is ending already"
"hasn't ended yet"

jeongwoo got up, "i'm sorry for not being able to-"
"it's okay", haruto said and smiled slightly.

"well, open the gift!", haruto nodded and carefully ripped off the cover to see a shirt with a butterfly print and a small text on the sleeve end, "i'm sexy and i know it", haruto read it and chuckled. jeongwoo smiled at his reaction.

haruto looked at the cover to see a letter. jeongwoo snatched it from him, "not in front of me!"
"why?"
"later on-"
"did you confess like the others?"
"no! why would i give you a love letter?"
why not.

haruto nodded and sighed. jeongwoo asked, "did you like it?"
"yeah thanks"

jeongwoo nodded and patted haruto's head. haruto looked at him, "don't do that-"
"this?", jeongwoo patted him again. haruto held his hand and nodded.

"why? i thought you liked it"
"i didn't know you did it to everyone"
"well you were the first one then it became a habit"

haruto looked at jeongwoo and laid his head on jeongwoo's lap, jeongwoo was startled by the sudden action of haruto but he smiled and said, "what's wrong?"
"where are the wounds from?"
"you don't need to worry"
"tell me, it's my birthday today"
"they're old, by my dad"
haruto sighed and closed his eyes.

jeongwoo chuckled, "kiyowo".

haruto opened his eyes and looked at jeongwoo, "huh?"
"i see you're getting well along-"
"no, i'm not"
"that's for me to judge"
"jeongwoo!"
"yeah?"
"please stop being nice to others"
"happy birthday"

both of them stared at the ceiling upstraight, when jeongwoo got up, "i'll leave now". haruto didn't know why, he didn't want him to leave, stay he wanted to say, but he didn't. jeongwoo smiled and said, "see you in the school tomorrow".

haruto nodded and mumbled a thanks. after he heard the door close, he sighed. what is wrong with me? why am i like this? such a mess. he can do whatever he wants right, why am i bothering so much? i can't be that protective of my friend.

haruto fell asleep, fighting his thoughts. the yellow roses bloomed at his window.

jeongwoo headed to school early on his bicycle, knowing haruto's car was following him. jeongwoo's bicycle suddenly stopped making haruto make the car stop.

jeongwoo got down to see the chain was out of place. if i fix it right now, i might get dirt on my clothes.

"get in", haruto said in an ordering tone. jeongwoo smiled and said, "oh, good morning haruto, see you at school!"
"just come with me?"
jeongwoo shook his head. haruto sighed and got out. jeongwoo looked at him with confusion as he took his bicycle from his hands and bent down fixing the chain.

"you'll get dirty"
"your fault, you're very stubborn"
"but-"
"why do i care?"
jeongwoo nodded.

"that's because if you walk your way school, you'll get late and i'll get bored or tired of junkyu's talks"
"we don't sit together now-"
"yeah, but when you're there.."
jeongwoo raised his eyebrows cutely.

"we're both just looking at you-", haruto mumbled.
"huh?"
"done!" haruto got in the car. jeongwoo smiled feeling a bit guilty, "thanks".

jeongwoo parked his bicycle and smiled at his thoughts. he saw chaeyoung waiting for him and haruto standing with his friends from the senior year on the corridor entrance.

chaeyoung shouted, "jeongwoo! did you not sleep yesterday!?"
jeongwoo chuckled and ran upto her, "stop exposing me, how's your foot?"
chaeyoung showed a thumbs up, "jjang!"
jeongwoo chuckled and patted her head.

jeongwoo was known as the sweet junior and a responsible senior in the school. it was very often too see his juniors giving him gifts and wishing him luck.

jeongwoo went inside and sat beside jaehyuk. haruto looked at junkyu, his seatmate who was staring at jeongwoo, "why do you keep staring at him?", junkyu turned to him, surprised that he's even talking.
"he's attractive"
"pfft, i'm more attractive", haruto said that but he couldn't disagree with junkyu.

thank you for checking out the story

thank you for checking out the story. hope you're enjoying.
have a good day! ♡
✄✄✄✄