4

chapter 4:

another similar day in school, jeongwoo got in the class late because he had to complete his duties as he was a member of the student committee. he got inside the class and saw junkyu sitting with haruto and haruto barely replying to him talking.

jeongwoo smiled faintly and searched for a seat. haruto noticed him and pushed junkyu off his seat, jeongwoo shook his head slightly and went to sit beside jaehyuk. haruto pouted and looked outside. "i'm sorry-", junkyu stated.

"it's okay, I'm sorry", haruto mumbled and stared at jeongwoo. is he mad at me for pushing junkyu? haruto questioned himself.

the day at school finally ended, according to haruto, jeongwoo seemed happier than usual. was it because he sat away from the annoying haruto?

jeongwoo ran out of the class as the bell rang haruto got up and followed him. jeongwoo went to the medical room and smiled at the sight of the girl he had helped that day.
"j-jeongwoo?"
"chaeyoung, is your foot any better?"
the girl shook her head with a pout. jeongwoo smiled and said, "here have this candy, my mom gives me these when i'm in immense pain"
"how does a candy help?"
"well, you know, it's the law of distraction, it's actually kind of funny how we humans like sugar coated things, be it lies or be it pain, we suffer because of pain, but when it's sweet, it's better"
chaeyoung chuckled and asked, "wow, i never thought like this, your mom is a genius! thanks a lot! isn't it time for you to go now?"
"yes it is! i'll get going now, take care!"
chaeyoung nodded, jeongwoo patted her head and went out.

haruto touched his head. head pats, they're for everyone? haruto got sad and he didn't know why.

jeongwoo headed to work and on the way he got a gift for his bestfriend's birthday. he got home and parked his bicycle to see haruto standing in front of the main gate, jeongwoo cleared his throat and tried going inside, ignoring him but he moved in front of him. jeongwoo looked at him in confusion. haruto looked mad.

"is something wrong?", jeongwoo asked. haruto nodded, jeongwoo asked, "let's talk tomorrow" and went inside.
haruto stood there and sighed.

jeongwoo woke up and watered the yellow rose he got for haruto along with some other gift. he went school early, haruto had been feeling disregarded by his friend, he had this bad feeling that he won't have any friend left.

haruto's seatmate was now junkyu all of a sudden, haruto announced everyone should come to his birthday party, with a gift. jeongwoo didn't come to the class for the whole day, in the last period jeongwoo came in and sat beside doyoung. jihoon turned to him and said, "mate, where were you?"
"i was doing some official school work"

yedam turned towards jeongwoo, "what official work?", with a smirk.

jeongwoo rolled his eyes and said, "come on yedam, you can't say such things with that god title", doyoung laughed.

yedam sighed and said, "being a poor god is difficult".

jihoon whispered, "did you and haruto fight?"
"no?"
"why is he staring at you like he would eat you up?", jeongwoo glanced back at him.
"he's probably having mood swings again"

jeongwoo didn't know haruto's 'mood swings' would turn severe.

jeongwoo waited for midnight and as it showed 00:00 on the clock, he sat up and closed his birthday. "happy birthday", he whispered and slept.

unluckily, jeongwoo had a full day shift at the restaurant on a sunday. all the students who haruto never talked to were attending his birthday party, but his best friend wasn't there. haruto greeted his family friends and his friends from the senior section.

haruto was waiting for his friends from japan as well. hyunsuk said, "god bless, dude you look even more handsome today!"
haruto posed with a chuckle.

haruto was all smiley today unlike the other days. he was happy since he wouldn't get scolded by his mother for anything today, he was happy since his dad was finally around and his mother couldn't ruin his day anymore.

everything was fine, but haruto was distracted and his mind was out of the party, glancing at the door every now and then. he had a strong belief that his best friend won't miss his birthday party. he suddenly got hugged by someone.

it was rare, he rarely gets hugged by someone, he didn't like hugging. he looked at the person to realise it was junkyu chanting happy birthday to him. haruto smiled slightly and acknowledged his hug. haruto has gotten closer to junkyu since junkyu had always been clingy and never left his side.

junkyu was happy since he didn't expect haruto to hug him back. haruto's friends from japan were there as well. haruto found jeongwoo's mother working in the kitchen, "aunty-"
"oh- birthday boy!"
haruto nodded with a smile, "my gift?", she chuckled and said, "hm, close your eyes", haruto did so, placing his hand in front, waiting patiently.

he opened his eyes to see a bracelet, he looked at her, "i've seen this-"
"jeongwoo has one, i made two"
haruto smiled and thanked her. "don't work today, join us in!"
"but-"
"please?", she nodded.
"and.."
"he isn't here yet?"
"no, where did he go?"
"he didn't tell me, he didn't seem in a good mood"
haruto nodded slightly.

he didn't have more excuses to delay the cake cutting ceremony. "watanabe is finally becoming an adult", asahi said and laughed. there goes the extroverted comment of so called introvert.

haruto smiled slightly and wore the bracelet as he blew the candles, everyone clapped and sang him the birthday song.

haruto's eyes still lingered the door, everyone were in the backyard by the pool enjoying the rest of the night. haruto sat on the bench, he was being interviewed by the girls of his class.

jeongwoo rushed his way inside the house, mrs.watanabe looked at him and sighed, "i'm so disappointed in you"
jeongwoo apologized to her.
"anyways, he's enjoying without you"
"that's good to know"
"you should still-"
"i'm sorry, i'll try to be careful"
"better, h-have some cake", the stone cold mother said and went away. jeongwoo had a faint smile on his face and the gifts in his hand. he kept it near the other gifts.

jeongwoo went outside and looked around, he saw haruto and smiled at him. he looked around to see the seniors talking to junkyu, but things didn't seem right. he headed towards them and stood in between. "oh, here comes the servant! we wanted you to take care of the trash", a gut said pointing at junkyu. junkyu was about to say something when jeongwoo said, "of you?"
"you-"
"don't you dare"
"huh? look at yourself before talking to us!"
jeongwoo didn't reply and stood there with his hands crossed around his chest. anyone could tell from his facial expression he was pissed.

junkyu was scared, haruto noticed them and approached them, he was happy to finally see jeongwoo after a whole day, but he was very sad and mad about the fact jeongwoo didn't come to him first.

a splash was heard, jeongwoo was inside the pool. mrs.watanabe came there, "tch tch, making more troubles for me, jeongwoo?"
jeongwoo's head wasn't visible above the water.

junkyu cried, "n-not trouble- he saved me-", the seniors were afraid and tried to back off. haruto was worried since jeongwoo has always been afraid of water. haruto went near the water and said, "come out, don't get me worried"

thank you for checking out the story

thank you for checking out the story. hope you're enjoying.
have a good day! ♡
✄✄✄✄