9

Chapter 9

they had finally reached, jeongwoo was sitting at the front most seat before everyone woke up, everyone got down and chose their roommates.

as soon as the teacher announced it, chaeyoung ran and clung onto jeongwoo's arm who seemed lost. jeongwoo came back to his senses and looked at chaeyoung,
"oh-"
"roommates!?"
"i'll be staying alone", jeongwoo dramatically sneezed, "wouldn't want you to catch a cold".

chaeyoung nodded and went away after giving a sad pout. jeongwoo smiled and went to his room holding his head tightly as if he was thinking really hard about something, he mumbled things as he entered his room. jeongwoo changed and was ready to go out.

they had gone to the historical places, it was fun for some, not for others. jeongwoo was very tired but the boys wanted him to attend the party at night since he had been distancing himself the whole day, it was like he was busy contemplating his life decisions, he was fine yesterday, but something happened all of a sudden.

jeongwoo agreed to go. he asked, "are they allowed to drink?", pointing at the students who were drinking. the teacher nodded, "they're legal age"
"oh-"
Jeongwoo definitely didn't mean that, he meant that does the school allows children to drink.
jeongwoo looked around, he sat in one corner, looking at the other children enjoying. haruto was afraid of approaching him as he felt jeongwoo was back to distancing himself after coming a little closer to him the day before and making him feel warm again.

chaeyoung was totally drunk, jeongwoo noticed her making out with someone. junkyu came to sit beside jeongwoo, "how are you?"
"i'm fine junkyu, thanks for asking"
"why are you alone then?"
jeongwoo patted his head and smiled. Jeongwoo stood up and went towards chaeyoung pulling her to himself.

chaeyoung gasped and then smiled, "jeongwooooo!"
"chaeyoung, you're drunk, don't do things you'll regret later"
everyone was looking at them.

chaeyoung hugged jeongwoo, everyone cheered. haruto clenched his fist as he gulped, he heard something shattering.
look away haruto, you can resist it. it's not a big deal, so what? he's just your best friend! anyone can hug him!
no teacher was interested in the drama.

jeongwoo sighed, "you should go to sleep", jeongwoo tried to push her by her shoulder but she was unstoppable, she held jeongwoo's face and kissed him. jeongwoo pulled himself away as soon as their lips touched and looked around in disbelief. jeongwoo definitely didn't want that. everyone had already captured everything on the phone. suddenly a loud bang was heard, haruto closed the bar door loudly before leaving.

jeongwoo apologized to everyone and ran back to his room. he couldn't sleep all night, he was crying, he didn't want to mislead people, he didn't want that to happen, he didn't want to kiss someone he thinks of as a sister. jeongwoo was mumbling things, making up the worst out of the situation.

haruto was in the same condition, pathetically sick. his temperature was very high as he was crying. he knew why he was feeling sad but was a coward to not acknowledge it. the denial stage had sickened him. he was out of breath at times and it was one of the worst moments in his life. he didn't want this anymore, he wanted to be happy, he didn't even think that it would've been a misunderstanding since jeongwoo and chaeyoung had always seemed closed even though jeongwoo pulled himself away from the kiss.

the boys cried overnight, without knowing about the other one, for different reasons. guilt creep over one, while the other one was a victim of jealousy, but he didn't want to acknowledge.

in the morning, jeongwoo went out after freshening up to have breakfast, he met chaeyoung before reaching the dining room, who was very apologetic for her actions. what could jeongwoo do? jeongwoo forgave her, "you shouldn't drink like that, it was just me yesterday, it could be anyone else tomorrow", chaeyoung nodded and hugged him. jeongwoo didn't hug her back just yet and went to the dining area. yedam asked, "are you okay?"
jeongwoo nodded and looked around, he went towards junkyu, "hi junkyu"
"hello", junkyu said, not wanting to talk to jeongwoo.

the fact that junkyu liked jeongwoo wasn't hidden by anyone, but everyone just knew jeongwoo would friend-zone everyone, junkyu knew that too. junkyu just adored and admired the boy, but what happened the day before disappointed him too.
who would like to see the person we admire to be kissed by someone who annoys the shit out of you?

"where's haruto?"
"in his room, obviously"

jeongwoo nodded with a smile and took a master card from the reception to go to haruto's room. as he opened the door, he smelled alcohol, "he did not...he cannot tolerate-"

jeongwoo froze as he saw haruto laying down on the floor. haruto was laying like an unconscious body, sadness visible on his face. he chose to drink to feel better but it didn't help.

jeongwoo felt guilty once again, he bent down to snatch the bottle from his hand and kept it away. haruto moved a bit, still sobbing. jeongwoo somehow picked him up, haruto kept his arm around his neck and jeongwoo moved him to the bed, he removed his shoes and covered him with the blanket. jeongwoo sat beside him on the bed and placed his hand on his forehead, it was hot, as jeongwoo had expected. haruto's cheeks had stains of tears. jeongwoo just couldn't look at him.

haruto pulled his hand towards him and smiled, jeongwoo was now laying over his chest. jeongwoo sighed and held both his hands together, "come on, you don't have to be angry over the fact i didn't tell you about dating a girl! i won't betray my best friend over a girl!", jeongwoo didn't have to confuse haruto more with this.

haruto didn't move, jeongwoo looked at his hands and placed them inside the blanket. who would tell him that's not the reason haruto is like this?

haruto sighed. jeongwoo stared at him and brushed his hair, "the distance keeps getting bigger, ruto", jeongwoo probably said this for himself.

haruto smiled softly with his eyes closed. haruto opened his eyes to see jeongwoo's hand.
"where's your bracelet?"
"oh, I removed it to wear the one junkyu gave me"

haruto sighed, his faith was being crushed on again and again, maybe he was just being childish, but he had been more than understanding till now, he couldn't handle things anymore. he was done with it, he was done with jeongwoo. haruto somehow stood up and went out.

thank you for checking out the story

thank you for checking out the story. hope you're enjoying.
have a good day! ♡
✄✄✄✄