Chapter 4 Lynny

I think about the long plane ride in the morning and frown. But looking at my phone, I smile when I see that Viv texted me back.

I walk out of my room, and walk over to my dad.

"Are we ready?" I ask, picking up my small black leather backpack.

"I don't know, are we?" He replies, holing up his bag.

"Yeah I guess so. I told Annabelle that mom wasn't to know that I was in town or that we were having a family dinner." I say, and he gives me a relieved smile.

"That woman is terrible." he admits.

"She is nightmare, and I do not want to see her!" I say and we smile ruefully at each other.

"How is it that you were still a kid when you left; now, just look at you! You have turned into such a beautiful young woman." I can't help but to grin at him and give him a big hug.

"I love you daddy."

--

"Why can't she just drive?" I complain to my dad as we go by to pick up my sister.

"Because she wants to spend more time with you. You don't need to be grumpy about it."

"I guess I've just moved on in life when she hasn't."

"She has in some ways." My dad protests.

"Dad. She has the same life she did 2 years ago." I give him a pointed look.

"Okay you're right, her life is kind of boring, but not everyone can be like you."

"I know, I know." Then we both laugh.

--

"Lynny!" Annabelle yells when she sees me in the car. I have to force myself not lock the car door. She rips the door open and pulls me into a uncomfortably tight hug.

"Hi." I say and pull free. She looks upset with me for not being all weird and clingy.

"It's so good to see you again! You stay with us so you and I can have a girls night!" she says.

"Yeah, it's good to see you too, but I'm leaving in the morning." I say and shrug.

"But you just got here!" she snaps rudely.

"Yeah I've only been here for 4 days but I've had time to catch up with Dad, so..." I shrug again.

"I didn't know you were here until yesterday." she says, looking at us.

"How do you still have any money?" She asks suddenly, and I sigh.

"I live without a lot of money." I say, even though that's not true.

I smile as I think of my band, our name was The Loved, and we had a lot of fans for how long we were together. But we were different than the other bands around us. And it's not that I left the band for good, I just had to take off the summer.

"Do you get money from dad?" she asks suspiciously, and I give her a look.

"No! I pick up jobs here and there when I can, it keeps me going." I snap back at her.

--
I smile as I get on the plane, I'm so close to seeing Viv again, and I know that everything will have to be okay.