Chapter 32 Lynny

"I still wanna go swimming." Viv pouts, finally breathing normal.

"You do realize that we live by the ocean, right? We can go swimming whenever!" I tell her.

She gets a devious look on her face. "You are so right Lynny!"

Curiously, I watch as she opens the back window and sticks her head in. "We're taking a detour before we go home." she pauses, and I hear Hayes mumble something (I can't really hear it over the wind) before Viv replies. "We're going to the beach of course!"

"Maybe there will be a hot guy there! And I can go skinny dipping with him!" I yell almost sarcastically but with hint of truth in it.

"Did you just say skinny dipping?" Viv settles back down and grins. "What were you saying?"

"Skinny dipping is like the funnest thing ever!" I yell and laugh at the same time.

Via laughs too. "I assume that you'll do it no matter what." She wrinkles her nose teasingly.

"Yeah I really don't want to go with you and Hayes though, no offense." I say, standing up in the back of the truck and feeling my hair going crazy all around me. I smile as I realize summer really has started and it time for the real fun to begin.

Viv looks up at me, her eyes squinted against the wind. "It's summer."

"Yes it's summer, that means it's time to be young and dumb and to have the best time of our lives!" I scream to Viv.

"Hells yeah!" She screams back.

"It time to party!" I yell and put my arms in the air above me.

•••

When we get to the beach I jump out of the back and throw my shoes in the bed of the truck.

"Guys I'm skinny dipping!" I yell ask I start to strip.

"Lynny! Hayes is right here!" Via scolds, hopping off the truck bed.

"Yeah um if the boy toy looks at me I'll kill him," I say and shrug, then I run to the water naked.