Chapter 7 Viv

"Come on!" Lynny yells impatiently across the parking lot.

I quickly lock my car and sprint at her head-on. "I'm coming!" I yell back.

Before I can hit her, I swerve off to the left and start laughing.

"It's a good thing you didn't hit me!" she snaps.

I clutch my stomach and pat her shoulder. "You should've seen your face!"

"Oh whatever, I put makeup on so I know it doesn't look that bad."

Still laughing, I follow her through the front doors of the mall. The outside doesn't look like much, but the inside is pretty cool. It's like a mix between modern and vintage style, and it has pretty fountains as centerpieces.

"L, this place is gonna be fun to chill at this summer."

"No, cause I want to spend my time at the beach, with hot guys and a tan that I won't ever get!"

I can't help but laugh at her indignant look. "Don't worry! The beach is always first priority!"

"It better be, cause the beach is hot and it'll burn you!" she says it, then starts laughing at her weird since of humor.

I grin and point to American Eagle. "There first."

-

"No Lynny! It looks good!" I'm trying to convince her that her legs look fine in the red bottoms.

"Ugh my legs though. It hurts to see them, I'm just so white!"

I groan. "Your legs aren't that pale! It's fiiiine!"

"Yes they are! What color do you think I should get?" She asks making one of the weirdest faces I've ever seen.

I put my hands up. "Personally, I think you should get one to match your hair, but it's your body and your money."

"Well if you just find me one then I'll get it."

I roll my eyes and leave the dressing room. "I'm finding myself one, okay?"

"Wait for me!" She yells.

Ignoring her complaints, I meander through the racks of swimwear. What do I want? Shrugging, I pick up a black crop top bikini, a white studded tassel bikini, and a floral one and head back to the dressing room.

"You better have found some."

I hold mine up. "Don't worry, I'm trying some on."

-

Twenty minutes later, Lynny picked out a purple one and the same in red with a sun dress to go over them, and I had chosen the black cropped tank top one.

"You're gonna be ballin' it up out there, eh?" I elbow Lynny laughingly.

"Yeah so are you hottie, now we just need sandals and hot tans."

I widen my eyes as I pay the cashier. "Oh my God! Lynny you're a genius!" I grab our bag and drag Lynny out of American Eagle.

"Why what did I say?" She asks giving me a strange look.

I hold up a finger and scan the signs. When I see what I'm looking for, I pull her towards it.

"Okay your acting crazy what's going on?"

I smirk at her. "We're going surfing! And it's gonna be fun!"

"But that'll be hard... fun but hard. At least I can snowboard, so I have some faith that we can do it."

At the moment, I'm skipping backwards, facing Lynny. Suddenly, I run into something hard. I stop and spin around quickly, apologizing.

"Dude, I am so so-" I stop mid-sentence. This guy looks familiar.

I peer around him, to see six guys and a girl. Why the hell do they look so familiar? I turn to glance at Lynny, mumbling an apology to the super tall guy, whose chest I had just barreled into. She has this weird look on her face; a mix of shock, fear, and anger all warped into one.

"L? You alright?" I step put of the guy's way, towards her, and wave my hand at her face.

"I'm fine just really surprised, and I'm yeah." she says giving a fast look at them, then getting a big grin on her face.

I raise an eyebrow and look back at the group, who already started walking away. That's when it dawns on me:

"Hayes?!"