Get good grades is hard

Florence Pugh
Reader - 13
After a tough day at school Florence is helping you feel better

Warnings: swearing, idk what to say but like strict/angry parents ig

Words : 993

Your pov:
I'm currently in the US filming black widow, and since I also live here my parents think I should still go to school cause they don't want my acting career ruining my grades. Yeah my parents are like that. I have to get top grade in everything or else I'm trash. So the days are kind of stressful right now. Starting the day with 6 hours school (idk how long school days you have in USA so let's just say seven) and right after that going to set and film the scenes. And when I finally am done with the filming I have to do my homework after that is straight to bed cause by then I'm exhausted.

I'm finally done with my school and waiting for my dad to pick me up and drive me to set. It doesn't take long before he gets here so I jump in to the car and we drive of. He drops me of then drives back home again. I go straight to my trailer and drop the bag on the floor. The thing is today at school has been sooooooo bad. I got the results from my math test and I completely failed. And I know my parents are gonna be pissed at me. AND the bad news doesn't stop there, I also fell asleep during my history lesson because I didn't sleep anything cause I had to finish my homework. So first I got yelled by my teacher but they said that they also would call home and tell my parents about it. So I'm gonna have a real shit talk with my parents very soon...

I made my way to the door of the trailer and right outside was Florence. I didn't really want to talk to her because I know she's gonna ask me how my day was and in some weird way Florence can always tell when I'm lying so I have to say it.

"Hello sunshine" Florence say with a big smile on her face. "Sup Florence" I say trying to not expose the fact that I'm gonna cry any second. "How was your day? Much in school?" "Yeah" I say and sigh. "Did you do well on your math test?" My eyes starts to tear up and she noticed and gives me a hug. "I'm sorry hunny, was it that bad?" She ask stroking my back. "Yeah and my parents are going to kill me" "no I'm sure they won't, it was just one bad test right" she says still holding me tight. " no you don't understand they are so strict with my grades, I have to get the highest grade always cause if not the think that I'm a disappointment and they are never going to stop talking about it." I say full on crying at this point. "And I also fell asleep in my history class so my teacher said she was going to tell my parents so they are going to be so mad at me." I continue. "Oh sweetie, but why did you fell asleep? Haven't you been sleeping enough on the nights?" She says pulling away from the hug and looks at me. " well, I've had so much homework so I had to stay up and complete them" she looks at me and furrows her brows. "Y/N! You have to sleep, otherwise you are going to be out burned on the days!" "Yeah I know but since they don't let me get a teacher here on set I can't not do my homework, my parents would literally kill me if I didn't do it, like I would actually be dead by now"

My phone starts ringing and I look up at Florence who looks concerned. I know it's my mom so I have to answer. I reach for my phone in my pocket and pick it up. My hand are shaking so much and I feel like I'm gonna puke any second. I press answer and take the phone up to my ear.

"Y/N WHY THE FUCK WERE YOU SLEEPING IN CLASS?" Everything I can get out is a quiet sorry. "I'm so mad at you right now but more importantly I'm so disappointed, why would you sleep in class!?" "Cause I didn't have time to sleep the other night because I had homework left to do" I say still kind of whispering. "Well at least say the math test went well" I start to tear up again and stayed quiet. "Oh this fucking child" I heard my mom say to my dad. "We're going to talk about this when you're home!" Is the last thing she said before she clicked.

I put my phone away and start crying my eyes out. I mean what can I even do? They hate me. I have strict parents but I would never thought this would happened. They don't care about my health and me as long as I have good grades they're happy. So I have nothing to defend myself with.

"Y/N it's okay, do you want me to call your mom back and tell her why you're having trouble sleeping and keep up with school?" She asks while she's going in for another hug. "No it's okay, they'll never understand anyways. I'll just have to deal with it" I tell her honestly. "But I really don't want to go back there, not today" "I understand you hunny and you don't have to, you can sleep at my place and then I'll drive you to school tomorrow morning" she says, and I sigh in relief. I'm so glad I have Flo to count on.I feel like I've gained a big sister and I'm so happy for that. "That would be great thanks flo" I say hugging her a bit tighter before letting go. "Ok are you ready to start working bubs?" She ask holding out her hand. "Always" I say taking her hand.

—————————————————————————

I'm so so so so sorry for not updating sooner I've had a really stressful week and I'm very new to this hehe.  Sorry also for the shit ending or tbh the whole one shot was kind of shitty but I felt like I had to update you with something.

Hope you have a good day/night wherever you live and I'll promise I'm gonna write to you soon peace out✌🏼