The better mom / reader x Scarlett

This is going to be like a venting post of some kind. I haven't posted an one shot in a while so thought this is a good opportunity.

It's kinda heavy topic so warning for everyone who suffers with parents/ friends or family that have alcohol problems.

This is just a kind of comfort for me and maybe for anyone else. Please don't read this if you feel like you can't handle it❤️ be safe

Scarlett Johansson

Reader: 17

Y/n calls Scarlett when her mom disappoints her. She gets to spend the night at Scarlett's house and we'll the rest is just a lot of fluff :)

Words: 2250

Y/n POV:

It's been over 6 months since my mother touched anything with alcohol. She's half a year sober and I couldn't be any happier.

I only live with my mom since my dad left when I was little. She's had drinking problems for as long as I can remember but I didn't understand that the reason to why she'd become so different on the evenings and she could get very angry and mean was due to the alcohol. It was when I was 15 I understood that it was the alcohol that made her so different

It was approximately half a year ago since social services got involved and was informed by her problems. They called up to a meeting and I got to tell them about everything. She said to them that she didn't need any help and could stop drinking by herself.

I haven't seen that other person she becomes when she drinks since that. I was so proud of her. That she finally quitted.

The only person who knew about her problems is Scarlett. She's always been there for me even before I told her. I knew I could always call her when mom was too drunk or when I didn't feel safe at home. She would always help out with driving and always checks in on me even if she know that mom doesn't drink anymore.

She's been like a safe place to me. Like a mother figure. Honestly even if mom doesn't drink anymore, Scarlett feels more like a mom to me than my mom ever has felt.

I'm currently sitting in the front seat of Scarlett's car. Mom texted me earlier saying she couldn't drive me home from set so Scarlett offered to drive me home. We listen to ABBA playing on the radio and sings along.

Soon we arrive outside of my house and I jump out of the car, I thank her for the drive and walk inside. I dump my backpack in the hall and make my way into the kitchen. I see mom in the living room so I pour myself a glass of juice and make my way to the living room.

My heart drops and I freeze as I see her face. That same look I haven't seen for over 6 months. I quickly stabilise myself and think that it can't be real. She can't have been drinking. One, she promised to never do it again and two, I really don't think she has the balls. Not after social services got involved.

But then she starts to speak, she has that lisp that only can hears when she's drunk. I only give her a small hi before passing her and going upstairs to my room.

After an hour I can hear my mom go into her room and close the door. Soon enough the snores are louder than my thoughts and I get up from my bed and take the empty juice glass with me.

I go downstairs and put the glass in the dishwasher. I clean up a little in the kitchen before I decide to look in the not so sneaky hiding place where I know mom always hide the wine.

I go up to the cabinet and open the door. I search a little but can't find anything. I guess I just saw it wrong. Maybe she didn't do it after all. But just when I'm about to close the door I see it. An empty wine bottle. Dammit.