dancing in the rain

Florence pugh

Reader: 17

After work, Y/N follows Florence home to her to have a sleepover.

Words: 1639

I sit in the taxi on my way to set. We finished school early today so it's only 2pm, it's a hot day and I'm coming right from school so I have a lot to do when I get there. I arrive to set and immediately get into my trailer to change to some shorts and a t-shirt. I will have to change into costume soon anyways but I don't like wearing the same clothes as I've worn all day in school, especially because it has been so hot today so I've sweat a lot.

I change and get into the makeup trailer. They get on my wig and put on a little makeup before I get changed into my suit. I get over the lines for my next scene. It's a scene with Yelena and Natasha. I play Nat's daughter Hope, who's also an assassin and follows Nat on every mission. Nat rescued Hope from the redroom at the same time Natasha escaped. She later on adopted Hope and with all the training from the redroom and at the avengers compound Hope is a very good field agent.

I'm sitting in the lunchroom reading my lines when someone peeks up behind me and screams "BOO" shaking my shoulders. I screamed and jumped out of my seat, almost falling to the ground. "What the fuck david" I say still in shock and with my hand on my heart.

He burst out laughing and smacking the table beside him while I stared at him. I furrow my brow and stare into his soul until he stops laughing. He giggles a bit before getting a straight face and looking back at me. "oh come on that was very funny you have to admit" he says starting to chuckle again. "Bruh David, I nearly fucking shit my pants" I say trying to hide my grin. It was very funny but I won't admit that... not now anyways. I wasn't lying I almost did shit my pants dying from a massive heart attack.

"That's even funnier!" he laughs. "Oh I'm gonna kill you" I say starting to walk towards him with my fist closed. I don't get far before a pair of hands grips my shoulder holding me back. "No need for violence baby" Florence laughs behind me. She releases the grip from my shoulder and instead gives me a hug from behind putting her chin on my shoulder.

"Come on, it's time to shoot some scenes," Florence says, giving me a little squeeze before releasing the hug. We get to the positions and get ready for take one. We're about to shoot a scene in the helicopter with Alexi, Natasha and Yelena right after we picked up Alexi from the prison. We shot the scene a couple of times until the film crew was satisfied. And after that scene was done we started shooting the next one.

After about 5 hours the director called it a day and we packed up and got to go home. I've been longing for it just because today I'm supposed to follow Florence home and sleep over there. We do that sometimes, just random sleepovers, and I love them. Sometimes we just do it for fun and sometimes we just need one to talk to and me and Flo are practically like sisters and tell each other everything and anything so if I ever have to ventilate to someone I know exactly who to go to. But this time we just spontaneously planned a sleepover just because we hadn't had one for long.

I got to the costume trailer and took off my suit and wig. After that I went to my own trailer to take my stuff I wanted to have with me to Florence. I had taken another backpack with me to set that I would have with me Florence so it didn't take me long to get everything I needed.

"Hi mini, you ready?" Florence asked, walking into my trailer. "Yes yes" I answered picking up my bag following her out the trailer to her car. We got in the car and headed off to her house.

"Wow look at the clouds, they're so dark" I said pointing to the now dark sky. "Damn, you're right. And it was so sunny before what happened?" She says looking up to the sky. "Yeah the weather was so good. Do you think it will be thunder?" I was a little scared, not gonna lie. I don't really like thunderstorms, I mean they can be cozy for sure but the lightning is what scares me the most. "Oh for sure, the clouds are practically black" I look at her with a little panic in my eyes which she notices. "Can it be? Are mini scared of thunderstorms?" She looks at me with a sympathetic look but chuckles a bit. "I am not" I lie furrowing my brows. She raises one eyebrow waiting for me to tell the truth. "Well maybe a little" I roll my eyes. "Hah, you're very cute mini. I'll give you that" She says laughing. "Florence I'm literally 17 when are you going to stop using the nickname 'mini'?" I say changing the subject. "When you grow taller than me, which is never happening so I guess never" She says giving me a teasing smile. "Hah, so you're gonna be calling me that when I'm 70 too?" I ask "Of course, you're always gonna be my mini"

When we get home we immediately start to fix the living room. We have special things we do when we sleep over. One; we always make a bed in the living room. We take down the madrassas from her bed and the one in the guestroom and then a ton of blankets and pillows. Two; we ALWAYS make homemade pizza. And three; we always watch Alvin and the Chipmunks and eat our pizza to the movie.

When we're done making the bed we start to make the pizza. Florence made the dough herself yesterday as the great chef she is. So we started putting on the topping we wanted and took one side of the pizza to decorate. We both started with tomato sauce and a ton of cheese. I then put on some pepperoni and tomatoes. She put on god knows what. It was so much vegetables and sausage and of course A LOT of garlic.

She put the pizza in the oven and I went to the living room to start the movie."Set an alarm for 15 minutes." I do as told and set the alarm. We decided to watch the first movie since it's the best so we put on the movie and after fifteen minutes the alarm goes off and Florence goes into the kitchen to take out the pizza. "It's very hot so we're going to have to wait a bit for it to cool off.

She comes back into the living room and we watch the movie while we wait for the pizza to cool off. We only watch a couple of minutes of the movie before we hear a loud noise outside. We both look out the window and see the rain pouring down. It's like the sky is letting down everything at the same time and the rain sounds so heavy that it sounds like it's a full on storm.

We both look at each other before running outside in the pouring rain. We take each other's hand and spin around in the splashing water. We jump in the water puddles and spin around, jumping and laughing.

When we're both soaking wet we go inside to dry off and get warm again. We made it into the bathroom and dried off and then put on some comfy clothes and made it back into the living room. Then we put on the movie again. We watched the rest of the movie and then decided to watch another one, but before we could decide on another movie we saw the sky light up and then the power went off, a few seconds later a big bang could be heard and I practically threw myself onto Florence holding on to her for dear life.

"It's okay, you're okay" Florence says, stroking my hair. Then it came again. A flashing light lit up the room and only a couple seconds later the thunder came. I hugged Florence tighter than ever and closed my eyes. "It's not going to hit us, we're safe y/n" she says, still stroking my hair. "But it's so close"

Florence sighed before getting up dragging my arm. "Come on, I'm gonna show you that it's not as bad as you think it is." She continues dragging my arm until I get up myself. Once I'm on my feet I cling onto Flo again. We go to the glass veranda and look up to the sky. Then a huge lightning struck right above us in the sky followed by a loud thunder.

"See, it's not going to hit us" Flo says, rubbing my back. "The lightning only struck on the highest points and we're far from the highest point here" She continues. I release my grip around her and look up at the sky again. Maybe she's right, and this isn't too bad after all.

But the power is still off, and the whole house is dark. We decided to go out on the veranda with our pizza to eat. There is a little more light there from the streetlamps and we light up some candles for some light and continue to eat up our food under the thunderstorm. We have our usual therapist talk with each other and talk about various things like the people we don't like and how life is going in general.