The auction.

Kirstin and Mitch run into a special auction at the art fair.

***

"Hey, girl. Did you see this painting? It's amazing!" Mitch says.

"Hmm... Pretty weird. But you're weird, so I would say yes for you." Kirstin laughs.

"I'm gay, if that's weird I'm... eating myself." Mitch shrugs.

"Eww..." Kirstin gags.

"What? No, not that! What's going on in your mind?" Mitch says as he scrunches his nose.

"TMI for you, I guess." Kirstin smiles.

"Yeah... Probably." Mitch shrugs.

"LADIES... or gentlemen... THE AUCTION STARTS IN A FEW MINUTES! GATHER AROUND! STAGE VAN GOGH! WE'VE NEVER DONE THIS, BUT IT'S FOR A GOOD CAUSE. WE WANT TO RAISE MONEY FOR A CHILDREN'S ART FOUNDATION. COME! COME!" The speaker announces.

"The Van Gogh stage? Where's that?" Kirstin asks.

"I've seen a sign before... This way." Mitch says and they walk to the Van Gogh stage.

"Oh wow... I like this kind of art. All stripes. Tiny stripes... Amazing how those can make one piece of a painting..." Kirstin gasps.

"You like all kinds of art." Mitch laughs.

"Of course I do. I'm gonna bring home lots of paintings. This was just nosing around. I know exactly what I want." Kirstin tells.

"I know you do." Mitch smiles.

"WHAT A GREAT AUDIENCE ALREADY!" A woman squeals on the stage.

"Yay!" Kirstin squeals back.

"We are about to do a very special auction just to raise money for a Children's Art Foundation. Many children live in poor families, we want to give them a chance to do what they love most: art." The woman tells.

She's interrupted with encouraging shouts and applause.

"Thank you. So, therefore... We will auction a person... A man." The woman says.

Someone shouts something.

"No, we will not sell him to you for being his owner, that's illegal." The woman laughs.

"That's funny." Kirstin giggles.

"No. You can win his company for the rest of the day now." The woman says.

"What time is it?" Mitch asks.

"Umm, 2 pm." Kirstin answers.

"Good. So, I can have a man around me for 10 hours. It might be an old man tho. You'll see." Mitch says.

"So you can win some company for the rest of the day. I can assure you, his presence is pretty fun! I'm pleased to present to you and welcome to the stage... Scott Richard Hoying!" The woman announces.

The audience give him an applause and Mitch joins, but then stops.

"Oh my Lord, that's not an old man! Fuck! Take all of my money." Mitch gasps loudly.

On the stage stands a tall blonde young man.

"Hi, ladies." Scott chuckles uncomfortable.

"No... Don't tell me he's a straight bloke..." Mitch whispers.

"This is Scott. Isn't he handsome?" The woman smiles.

A few ladies in the audience respond to that.