A lifetime.

Just read. I cried...

***

"Stay with me..."

"Hi! I'm Scott! Who are you?" Scott says enthusiastically.
"I-I'm Mitch. T-This is my friend Kirstin, but I call her Kirstie." Mitch whispers.

Kirstin waves shyly.

"Oh! I love your names! Let's be friends!" Scott smiles.

"Stay with me..."

"Hey Scott! Do you want to hang out after school?" Mitch asks.

"Sure! Is Kirstie going to come with us too?" Scott replies.

"I think she is. I am so excited to see her play tomorrow!" Mitch squeals.

"I can't wait!" Scott exclaims.

"Stay with me..."

"Kirstie, shut up!" Mitch says and he rolls with his eyes.

Kirstin giggles and shrugs.

"I'm just saying." Kirstin says.

"I'm not going to tell him. He doesn't like me back." Mitch whispers.

"You'll never know." Kirstin smiles.

"Stay with me..."

"So... Umm... Do you want to go to the prom with me?" Mitch blurts out.

Scott blushes.

"A-Are you a-asking me out?" Scott stutters.

"Yes, but only if you want to." Mitch whispers shyly.

"Of course I want to!" Scott exclaims and he kisses Mitch's cheek.

"Stay with me..."

"I can't believe you're actually my boyfriend." Scott smiles.

"It's true. Get used to it." Mitch smiles back as he kisses Scott.

"Hey! Get a room." Kirstin giggles.

"Stay with me..."

People cheer around the three graduates.

Scott, Mitch and Kirstin tear up at the sight. College has finally ended.

"Thank you for dragging me through this." Mitch whispers.

"Aww, anytime." Kirstin smiles.

"We're here for you." Scott says.

Kirstin squeals and hugs both boys.

"I can't wait for what the future holds for us!" Kirstin chuckles.

"Stay with me..."

"I know we are still very young... But I know you're the one I want to spend my life with. I want to grow old with you." Scott tells Mitch.

Mitch looks at Scott with a huge smile on his face, but the smile fades away when he sees Scott going down on one knee. Mitch covers his mouth with shock and tears up immediately.

"S-Scott? W-What are you doing?" Mitch asks.

"My lovely Mitchy, do you want to marry me?" Scott asks as he shows Mitch the ring.

"Yes!" Mitch exclaims.

Scott gets up, puts the ring on Mitch's finger and kisses Mitch passionately.

"Stay with me..."

"Mitchell Coby Michael Grassi, do you take Scott Richard Hoying to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?" The priest asked.

"I do." Mitch says.

"Scott Richard Hoying, do you take Mitchell Coby Michael Grassi to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?" The priest asked.

"I do." Scott smiled.

"I now pronounce you husband and husband! You may kiss your groom." The priest says.

Scott smiled at Mitch and leans down to kiss him. He smiles into the kiss as he hears Kirstin cheer like crazy.

"Stay with me..."

"You can sign here." The woman says.

"Thank you." Scott smiles as he signs the papers.

Mitch signs the papers too.

"I will pick her up and you can take her home with you today. I am happy that she will grow up in a lovely family." The woman smiles and she walks down the hallway.

Mitch holds Scott's hand.

"I can't believe we are going to take Taylor home with us. We've got a daughter..." Mitch whispers.

"You will be a great parent." Scott says as he kisses Mitch's forehead.

Then the woman walks in with Taylor in her arms.

Mitch gasps.

"C-Can I hold her?" Mitch asks.

"Of course, she's all yours now." The woman says as she hands Mitch the baby carefully.

Mitch looks down at Taylor and then looks up at Scott. Words can't describe how they feel right now.

"Stay with me..."

Years passes by. Scott and Mitch are old now.

"This is what I wanted... To grow old with you. I love you so much." Scott says as they drink their coffee.

"I love you too, I am-"

Scott's eyes widen when Mitch drops his coffee suddenly.

"Mitch? Are you okay?!" Scott asks.

No answer.

Mitch grabs his own chest.

"Help! Someone!" Scott exclaims.

"Stay with me..."

"Baby, please... Don't leave me. Please, stay with me..." Scott sobs as he holds Mitch's hand.

Mitch's face shows pain.

One of the nurses tries to calm Scott down, but it doesn't help.

"Stay with me... Stay with me... Stay with me... Stay with me... Stay with me... Stay with me... Stay with me... Stay with me... Stay with me... Stay with me... Stay with me..." Scott repeats softly to Mitch.

Mitch looks at Scott and puckers his lips weakily. Scott takes this as a sign to kiss him.

Scott leans down and kisses Mitch softly. When he pulls away, Mitch breathes out his last breath...

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔

***(I'm sorry)***