Tickles. (pt.1)

It's winter. The weather is cold and the days are dark. This affects Mitch very much. He's sad all the time. Scott and Kirstin worry about Mitch, they try to make him laugh. Nothing helps though, until Mitch comes with a not so common request.

***

"Hi Mit-" Scott greets, but Mitch storms to his room.

Scott sighs.

"Is he sad again?" Kirstin asks.

"Yes, I guess he has a winter depression or some shit." Scott answers.

"He has been down lately, his grades aren't as good as it used to be anymore. Do you think we need to do something about it?" Kirstin asks again.

"We're not his parents, Kirst..." Scott chuckles.

"I know... I'm just worried..." Kirstin whines.

Scott smiles at Kirstin. He hugs her.

"I know you are. We'll come up with something to make him smile." Scott says.

"Yeah. I hope so, because this ain't no fun." Kirstin sighs.

-

Scott enters his dormroom which he shares with Mitch and Kirstin. He sees Mitch sitting on a chair with a book in his hands.

"Good book?" Scott asks.

Mitch looks up, but looks at his book again once he realizes it's just Scott.

"Average." Mitch says.

"Okay. What's the title?" Scott smiles, trying to connect with his best friend.

Mitch shows him the book.

"Ah, never heard of that one." Scott says.

"Yeah, I've found it at the library. It was going to be discarded." Mitch tells Scott.

At that moment Kirstin walks in.

"Hi guys! Hanging out?" Kirstin smiles.

"Nah, not really." Mitch says as he shrugs.

Kirstin raises her eyebrows and looks at Scott. He nods.

"Hey, Mitch? I want to tell you something funny." Scott starts.

"Go ahead." Mitch says, but he doesn't look up from his book.

Scott sighs, but decides to tell the story anyways.

"I was at my parents' house for Thanksgiving last time and I tried to cook. Well, you know how I am with cooking. Stuffing the turkey went really well, until I put it in the oven. I did set the temperature too high and ended up with a burned turkey... But that's not all. When I wanted to scrape the burned pieces away, the filling fell all over the kitchenfloor! I can tell you, my mom wasn't very happy." Scott tells.

Kirstin starts laughing.

"You're such a noodle!" Kirstin laughs.

"I know I am." Scott laughs.

"Poor Connie. I'd bet that turkey was expensive." Mitch says calmly.

Kirstin drops her jaw. She grabs Scott's hand and pulls him along with her to walk outside to the dorm bathroom.

"I'm so done with him." Kirstin whisperyells.

"Calm down, honey." Scott says.

"It's easy for you, because you like him!" Kirstin sasses.

"No I don't!" Scott exclaims.

Kirstin raises one eyebrow and looks at Scott.

"Okay, I do." Scott admits.

"That's what I'm saying, sis!" Kirstin smiles.

Scott rolls with his eyes playfully.

Kirstin wets her shirt.

"What are you doing?" Scott asks.

Kirstin continues wetting her shirt.

"Just watch me." Kirstin says as she grabs Scott's hand to pull him along with her again.

They enter their dormroom.

"Omigosh! Look what has happened to me, Mitch!" Kirstin squeals as she points at her wet shirt.

Mitch looks up from his book, looking at Kirstin's wet shirt.

"What?" Mitch asks.

"I was in the dorm bathroom and wanted to wash my hands, but the water got all over my shirt!" Kirstin says dramatically.

"Such an actress." Scott whispers to himself.

"Oh... It'll dry up soon enough." Mitch says.

"What? Okay, this is enough." Kirstin says quite annoyed as she grabs Mitch's book away from him.

"Hey!" Mitch gasps.

"We need to talk, Mitchy." Scott sighs.

"We sure do! Look, we love you. But you're sad all the time and you don't hang out with us anymore. Well, not actively. Your grades are dropping and I get it... The weather is depressing." Kirstin says.

"And I also get it if you want some alone time, but please... I want to see you happy." Scott says.

Mitch looks at his two best friends. He can see that they are worried about him. Mitch sighs in defeat.

"I'm sorry..." Mitch whispers.

"It's just... We're trying to make you laugh and it doesn't help!" Kirstin says.

"I know. There's one thing my mom always did to make me laugh, but it's weird." Mitch smiles.

"And that is?" Kirstin asks.

"She tickled me to make me laugh." Mitch says shyly.

"Okay..." Scott says.

"So, umm... If you guys want to make me laugh... Would you guys umm... Would you please tickle me?" Mitch requests as his cheeks turn crimson red.

Scott and Kirstin look at each other. They're a bit confused, they shrug.

"Stand up." Scott says to Mitch.

Mitch obeys.

"3, 2, 1..." Kirstin says.

Scott and Kirstin starts to tickle Mitch intensely, earning cute giggles and squeals from Mitch.

They laugh their asses off. Mitch falls into Scott's arms, still laughing. Scott looks down at Mitch.

"Hi..." Scott smiles.

"Hi..." Mitch smiles back.

Scott hugs Mitch tightly as he kisses his forehead, inhaling Mitch's scent fondly.

Kirstin looks at the two boys in front of her with a huge grin on her face.

They didn't only let Mitch laugh again, but it seems that this is also a start of something new.

😉