The day I ran into you.

Mitch is having a hard time. His best friend Kirstin is in a vegetative state since they had a car accident. Mitch didn't have a scratch or bruise, which is weird since he was driving. Mitch can't handle it anymore, until he meets him.

AN: Yes, I've read some of the things in a moral story. Yes, I can't help to be sad while writing this. Read with care and don't let the emotions suck you up. That is, if you're like me. Also: this one is with POV.

***

Mitch's POV.

I open my locker and grab my books while fighting the tears that build up in my eyes. The world has been so unfair to me lately. People started to ignore me ever since they knew what happened that night. They look at me as if I'm a scumbag.

I hold my books tight against my chest and walk to the exit in a fast pace.

"Murderer!" Dave yells after me.

In fact, I am not. She is still alive.

"Were you blind?!" Jess shouts after me.

I speed up my pace, tears blurring my vision. I am going to do this, I've had enough. I cry silently and the exit is near me as I feel myself run into something, no, someone.

My books fall on the floor and I fall to my knees to pick them up as fast as possible. I don't need more hatred against me.

"I'm sorry. Wait, let me help you." A boy says.

I look up and he smiles at me. I'm aware that my face is wet from the tears and I lower my head. He must think I'm ungrateful. I nod my head a little, not knowing if he has seen it or not.

He helps me to gather my books again and hands them to me.

"Thank you." I whisper.

"No problem. Are you new here?" He asks.

I wish I was. I want the last few months to be erased.

"No..." I say.

"I am Scott, you are?" He says and he sticks out his hand.

I stare at his hand. He will find out about me eventually. He might be friendly now... I don't have time for this. I need to continue my plan.

"Not?" Scott asks.

As he draws back his hand, I suddenly shake it.

"Sorry, zoned out. I am Mitch." I say quickly.

"Hi, Mitch. Nice to meet you. You're going home?" Scott asks.

"Yeah, I'm about to walk home. Thanks for your help. " I smile.

"Do you need a ride?" Scott smiles friendly.

I look at him. Do I need a ride? Yes, I do. Do I want to? No. He'll ruin my plan. I don't want to seem ungrateful tho.

"I don't want to bother you with it." I whisper shyly.

"Are you crazy? Let's drink somewhere first. The weather is killing me. Then I'll take you home, I promise." Scott says.

Crazy? Yes, according to others. He's definitely going to ruin my plan. Say no.

"S-Sure." I stutter.

Scott smiles at me and leads me to his car. He holds the door open for me. I hesitate. Since the car accident, I've never been in a car anymore.

"You can sit down." Scott says, still sporting his wide smile.

He is polite. I take a deep breath and take a seat. I close my eyes. Kirstin sat next to me. She is the one who got hit. The truck drove into the passenger's side.