pretty boys

"29," the same square soldier beckons Jun-Ho over.

"Yes, sir?" Jun-Ho walks up to him.

"Walk with me," he says, and moves towards the exit. Jun-Ho doesn't really have much of an option other than to follow, and he walks behind the man, into the colorful, eerie, disorienting but mesmerizing staircase. He expected the triangle soldiers to come along, but he's alone with his 'superior'.

"I said walk with me, not behind me."

Jun-Ho is surprised by the statement, but speeds up for a bit and keeps in step with the man.

"Good lad," he praises, and Jun-Ho, weirdly, nearly shivers. "You're good at taking orders," he says, "but not so good at remembering them." The man sounds as if he knows something that Jun-Ho doesn't.

The police officer suddenly feels too hot in his red jumpsuit as they come to a stop in front of a seemingly random door, and the soldier unlocks and holds it open for Jun-Ho. "After you," he says.

This definitely isn't normal, but Jun-Ho, for whatever reason, feels intrigued by this man. He considers pulling out his gun once they're inside, use the man for information, but something keeps him from doing that. However, he doesn't completely cross off using the weapon in case the situation calls for it.

"So," the stranger sits down. "Number 29," he speaks amicably. "You've been acting weird. Would you like to tell me why?"

"Um, I-" Jun-Ho freezes up, not sure what to do in this situation and confused as to why he was feeling so hot.

"Take off your mask," the man commands.

"S-sir?" Jun-Ho blushes furiously.

"If it makes you more comfortable," he reaches up pulls his own hood down, "I'll take off mine, too," he undoes the clasp at the back of his head.

Jun-Ho begins to panic for the man, remembering the rules on the wall of his bedroom, and he frantically looks around the ceiling to spot the cameras.

"Don't worry, there aren't any cameras in here," he says, having noticed Jun-Ho's concern. He removes the mask and pulls the ski-cap like covering off his head, revealing a quite handsome face and closely cropped hair, slightly longer at the top but still shorter than Junho's own.

"You-"

"I'm just a guy," he shrugs easily. "My name's Han Chin-Hwa, number 84. Pleased to make your acquaintance," he gives a casual two finger salute.

"Why- why are you telling me this?" Jun-Ho asks, supremely confused.

"It's called building trust," Chin-Hwa smiles charmingly. "Your turn, now," he says. "I won't bite."

"Okay," Jun-Ho stutters, and he's not quite sure why, but he pulls down his hood and removes his mask. Perhaps Chin-Hwa's 'trust building' is working, maybe it's his authoritative nature, or his angelic features that have Jun-Ho weak in the knees, but his years of police training are out the window and he's ready to obey this man's every command.

"Well, you're a pretty boy, aren't you?" Chin-Hwa says, grinning at him and Jun-Ho flushes once again. It's a normal compliment, one that an old lady at the supermarket might say, but coming from this man that he's met less than a day ago, it's making him blush like a schoolgirl.

"Thank you, sir," he says, not sure what else to do.

"'Sir'," Chin-Hwa chuckles lightly. "As much as I like that, you can call me by my name for now- Chin-Hwa," he says.

"Chin-Hwa," Jun-Ho nods, a smile making its way into his face despite the weird as fuck situation. "I'm Jun-Ho."

"So, Jun-Ho," the man sits forward, propping his chin up in his hands. "You're not number 29."

in case anyone's confused, that one player decided not to go batshit crazy and pull a gun out at the soldier and force him to do a surprise face reveal so the guard survived wooo