jun-ho is pressed

"You know," Chin-Hwa says casually as he climbs up the ladder after Jun-Ho, "you were pretty hot out there."

"Excuse me?" Jun-Ho stops and looks down at Chin-Hwa.

Chin-Hwa quickly averts his gaze from staring at the spectacular view of Jun-Ho's ass to his face. "What?" he says. "All sexy and demanding and police officer-y; jeezus," he fans himself with one hand as the other anchors him to the metal rungs.

"You are unbelievable," Jun-Ho scoffs, turning around and continuing to climb to hide his blush. "I can't even deal with your shit right now, I told you to go back to your room, but nooo, Chin-Hwa wants to get himself killed right alongside me because Chin-Hwa is a dumb fucking bitch that has no sense of self-preservation," he grumbles as they climb the seemingly never-ending ladder.

"Jeez, why're you so pressed?" Chin-Hwa says.

"Okay, first- why do you speak like that, second, I am pressed because they are going to find out that both of us are gone, they'll assume we're together, they'll look for us, and then shoot us dead once they do find us," Jun-Ho explains.

"Why do I speak like what?" Chin-Hwa frowns, genuinely confused.

"Of course that's your response," Jun-Ho mutters under his breath as they finally reach the end of the ladder-way. He pushes against what seems to be a metal trap door.

"No, seriously, what's wrong with how I sp-"

"Shut up," Jun-Ho interrupts, frustrated.

"What's up?" Chin-Hwa asks, craning his neck in an effort to see.

"It won't budge," Jun-Ho grunts as he gives the metal one last shove, before pulling out his gun.

"Won't that be really loud?" Chin-Hwa says, panicked.

"You got any better ideas?" Jun-Ho looks down at him, and Chin-Hwa still looks rather hesitant. "Exactly," he says, before shooting the latch with a loud, resounding 'bang!'

The trapdoor now open, Jun-Ho pushes it up and cautiously peeks through and sees, through wooden shutters, a fancy room with expensive leather furniture. He reaches out and pushes the shutters open, climbing out with his newly-acquired friend behind him, gun at the ready.

Chin-Hwa snorts. "Why are you being so dramati-"

"Shut the fuck up," Jun-Ho hisses, covering Chin-Hwa's mouth with his gloved hand. As soon as Chin-Hwa's face turns smug and he looks like he's about to say a dumb one-liner, Jun-Ho rips his hand from his face and pulls out his gun, cautiously pointing it in front of himself at every turn he makes.

Chin-Hwa, meanwhile, walks casually behind him. "Okay, Mr. Mission Impossible, there's no one here," he says into Jun-Ho's ear, voice still hushed regardless.

"Shh," Jun-Ho chides, carrying on for a while, Chin-Hwa strolling after him, bored, until Jun-Ho finally opens a door that opens to a musty-smelling, sketchy staircase. The two go down and emerge in a dark, confined room filled with walls of drawers and shelves upon shelves of files.

"Fucking finally," Chin-Hwa huffs. "There must be a light switch-"

Jun-Ho pulls out a flashlight from God knows where, (Chin-Hwa is very confused, and slightly concerned, but he lets Jun-Ho have his little James Bond moment) and begins shining it on the rows of folders. Chin-Hwa comes up behind him and looks over his shoulder, which makes Jun-Ho rather flustered.

"I thought you said no one knew where these were," Jun-Ho murmurs, eyes scanning over the labels on the folders. "How come that bastard knew?"

"He knew about that 'secret' passageway, didn't he?" Chin-Hwa responds, watching Jun-Ho looking through the records. "I wouldn't be surprised if they know a lot about this place, all those guys."

"They've been doing this since the '90s, huh?" Chin-Hwa says as Jun-Ho comes upon a folder labeled 'List of Players, 1999'.

"Before, probably," Jun-Ho murmurs absently as he opens the folder and finds multiple pages, each with a different player's description.

He shuts the folder and walks through the room, looking at multiple shelves, and stumbling upon Seong Gi-Hun's record, the strange man he'd followed here in the first place. He spots a drawer with a sort of gift box, opening it to find, on the inside of the lid, a 'List of Winners'.

He goes down the list, scanning over the names and years, and lets out a small gasp.

2015 28th Squid Game Player 132, Hwang In-Ho

"Hwang In-Ho," the murmurs to himself.

"Is that him?" Chin-Hwa says gently from behind him, and Jun-Ho had almost forgotten he was there.

Instead of answering, Jun-Ho remembers that he's short on time, and immediately begins walking through the room, looking for the folders labeled '2015'. Finding it, he pulls out the file and flips through rapidly.

"Player 132," he breathes, frantically scanning each page for the number.

He stops, hands trembling, breath shaky, while Chin-Hwa stands behind him with bated breath, looking at the record.

"In-Ho," Jun-Ho says quietly.

"Shit," Chin-Hwa breathes from behind him. "This is good, right?"

He's alive.

"He's alive," Jun-Ho breathes, turning to Chin-Hwa. "I-I guess this is good," he says. "But I still don't know where he is."

"But you know where he was," Chin-Hwa says, nudging his shoulder with a small encouraging smile.

"Yeah," Jun-Ho allows his lips to contort into a small smile. "But we can't stay long," he says, pulling out his phone and taking photos of the documents he's found.

A few minutes later, both of them come to a standstill as they hear the ringing of a phone coming from outside the room.

Hugs and kisses and head pats and belly rubs for all of you xxI don't have too much time on my hands nowadays, so I don't get to *properly* reply to y'all's comments but just know that I am sending you all my love telepathically o((>ω< ))o