and they lived happily ever after

Here's your crappily written angst

Never mind, actually. Jun-Ho isn't dying. Chin-Hwa might be.

As soon as Jun-Ho hit the water, and the cold woke him from his stupor, he was sure he wasn't the one that got shot. Chin-Hwa's limp body suspended in the water next to him, turning it red, tells him that his partner might not have been so lucky.

Gathering his senses, Jun-Ho kicks his feet and grabs Chin-Hwa, propelling them both forwards to an island, and it's impossibly hard, especially with Chin-Hwa weighing a ton, but he manages to keep both their heads above water, not even knowing if Chin-Hwa's alive or if he's dragging a corpse through the water.

Bile rises to his throat at the thought, which is definitely not good.

Chin-Hwa is alive. He has to be. The dumbass that just took a bullet for him can't possibly have died. The dumbass he's maybe-possibly-probably in love with.

Jesus.

After what seems like an eternity, they reach the shore to an island that might be the Squid Game island, might be the same island, who knows and who really cares?

He drags Chin-Hwa's body onto the sand, and spots the bullet wound in his shoulder, nearly sobs with relief when he checks his pulse, and begins to perform chest compressions. It doesn't take long for Chin-Hwa to start throwing up water, and Jun-Ho helps him as he wheezes.

Once Jun-Ho's sure Chin-Hwa's not dying, he begins to chew him out.

"What the /fuck were you thinking?" Jun-Ho bursts, absolutely enraged.

Chin-Hwa winces. "Listen, Jun-Ho-"

"No, I will not listen," Jun-Ho seethes. "Are you /fucking mental? Who the hell do you think you are? Are you my self-appointed personal bodyguard now? Huh?" he shoves Chin-Hwa. "That I'm a fucking idiot that can't take care of himself? You think I need your protection? You think I need /you?"

Chin-Hwa's eyes widen with hurt, and Jun-Ho knows he's gone too far, he didn't mean it, but he doesn't know how to fix it.

"I'm sorry, Jun-Ho," Chin-Hwa says, looking down. It makes Jun-Ho feel like he's kicked a puppy. "I'll stay out of your way from now," he promises, and he gently pushes the other man out of the way as he makes to get up.

/Shit.

"Chin-Hwa, wait," Jun-Ho calls after him as he begins walking away.

"It's fine, really," Chin-Hwa says, turning around. "You're right," he forces a smile, and Jun-Ho would have preferred it if Chin-Hwa'd sucker punched him instead. "You're perfectly fine on your own. I don't know what I was thinking," he turns back around. "You don't need me."

"Chin-Hwa," Jun-Ho says, voice watery as the other man starts walking again, ignoring the police officer. "Wait, Chin-Hwa," Jun-Ho calls, as the soldier continues ignoring him. "I do need you, and I'm sorry, and I don't even know why I said that, I didn't mean it, will you please just /listen?" he rambles, walking after Chin-Hwa, feeling like an absolute ass. "I was-" Jun-Ho winces in embarrassment. "I was worried about you, alright?" Chin-Hwa finally stops, but he doesn't turn around. "That's why I was angry last time, too. I was scared you'd get hurt, or that you'd get caught, or something would happen to you, and that's exactly what happened, and I'm just- /angry at you, and at myself for putting yourself in that kind of danger," Jun-Ho explains. "I was scared of losing you," he finishes meekly, cringing at how cliche it sounds.

"And you think I wasn't?"

"What?"

"You think I wasn't scared of losing /you?" Chin-Hwa spins around, suddenly furious. "You don't think that I was shitting myself thinking that something could happen to you? I /needed to be there, so that I could personally make sure you wouldn't get your dumbass fucking killed," he says, practically shouting as he comes closer to Jun-Ho. "Can't you see that I care about you? That you're the one person in this goddamned world that I actually give a shit about?" His voice begins to falter. "I couldn't have lived with myself if I'd let you- if you'd-"

Chin-Hwa doesn't have to finish the rather morbid thought as Jun-Ho crashes his lips onto his, effectively shutting him up. The kiss is everything Jun-Ho's dreamed of, and more. His entire boy buzzes as their lips move together, breaths mingling, souls entangling. Jun-Ho finally pulls away, both of them red-faced and breathing heavily.

"What," Chin-Hwa says in awe, "was that."

"Sorry," Jun-Ho says, looking anywhere but the man he's just kissed.

"/Sorry?" Chin-Hwa repeats, incredulous. He presses his lips to Jun-Ho's once again, puts his arms around his waist and crushes him to himself, as if he's trying to prove something to him, as if he's trying to mould them into one. After a bruising kiss, Chin-Hwa finally lets their lips part. "The only thing," Chin-Hwa gives Jun-Ho a small peck on the forehead, "that you should be sorry for," he pecks his cheek, "is stopping," he finally gives his lips a swift kiss.

Jun-Ho chuckles, burying his face in the crook of Chin-Hwa's neck, and they just hold each other for a while; no kissing, no talking, just standing there, in each other's arms, in the pouring rain, on the edge of a cliff, waves beating against the rocks below them.

They'll be okay, he thinks.

Annnnd that's a wrap I think

The ending was so mid I'm sorry 

For someone that's supposed to be good with their words I'm kind of speechless right now. There's so much I want to say to you guys but it's all just scrambled in my mind.

I don't think I can really express how happy you guys have made me. All the comments laughing at my jokes, appreciating my writing, complimenting my characters, every letter spam and every Chin-Hwa simp has made me feel all warm and cozy inside because I just go like really??? You think my mediocre writing and cliche plot and cheesy jokes are nice?? Really?????

Every compliment on my work still blows me away and I am so lucky to have you lovely beautiful people as readers. Y'all are just. So. Freaking. Amazing. Thank you thank you thank you for reading, commenting, voting, all that. Truly.

It feels like this is just like every other authors note and it's not really communicating the pure joy I feel right now but I'm sending you guys warm hugs and forehead kisses. I love you!! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh