prologue

Author POV
"wooyeon... you are getting married after the end of your studies.", her mom said softly as the ji family are having dinner.

"what do you mean by that mom?", wooyeon asked as she stopped moving her utensils.

"you are going to marry to a ceo of x company. he's around 40 years old. i know this is hard to believe, but your father, my company will go bankrupt if we didn't get help from them", her father explained calmly.

"are you selling your own daughter to save your company mr and mrs ji?", she replied with that intimidating tone of hers.

"no of course! we will get you two divorced when everything is settled okay? only for half year, you only have to sacrifice yourself for 6 months, 6 months okay"

"no!!!", she slammed the table as she stood up. her father got so furious that he stood up too and almost slapped her cheek when changmin stood up and held his wrist.

his father used another hand to slap her instead. changmin glared at him in disbelief.

"ji wooyeon!!!"

she ran out of the house, not giving a damn to her parents. with tears held on her cheek, she ran to her safe place. there's this mini maze made with bushes near their apartment, she went inside, hiding herself as she sobbed there.

'there's no way im doing this'

she has a year, a year to change her parents' mind.

-

"changmin, can you go check on your sister?", his father asked. changmin nodded as he walked to her room, knocking on the door. "wooyeon... can i come in?"

he heard the door unlocked by her and so he opened the door. there's she, sitting on the bed, hugging herself, blankly staring at the wall. "are you okay wooyeon?", he asked as he closed the door and sat beside her. "do i seem like i am?", she simply asked back with her monotone.

"sorry. i know its hard for you wooyeon to accept this, and i do not want you to accept this. whatever you're going or planning to do, tell me. i will try my best to help you", he patted her head with his thin smile.

"i will handle this by myself, all you have to do is to not tell anyone about this", he nodded on what she said.

"sure"

-

ji wooyeon, who has become a playgirl of the school campus from a sweetheart.

how the table have turned :)