5

Author POV
hyunjae rushed to the place she said.

"yieun...", he saw her swinging herself on the swing, slowly.

"hyunjae", a bitter smile plastered on her face as she called his name. the sweet voice of hers, he can't get enough of them. he walked to her as he sat on the swing beside her.

"what happened?"

tears starting to roll down from her eyes, "hyunjae... h-he doesn't like me, what do i do? he said he knew that i like him, but he doesn't likes me back. h-he..."

he stood up as he walked to her, burying her face into his embrace. he can feel his t-shirt slowly got soaked with her tears as she started to sob louder. he patted her back to comfort her.

his heart aches.

not only because seeing her cry.

but also because she never notice his feelings for her.

he knows it's not the right timing to confess to her and all he can do now is to lend her his ears, she needs someone to listen her.

she softly pushed him away as she rubbed her eyes. "oh, omg im so sorry hyunjae, y-your shirt is...", her voice sounded sad. "it's okay yieun, do you wanna get ice cream with me?", he asked with a small smile.

"at this time?"

he nodded.

"sure", she smiled.

they went to the nearest mart to get ice cream. although she insisted to pay his ice cream too, he rejected and paid both of their ice cream.

"i said that you don't have to pay mine! i should've been the one treat you ice cream!", she whined as she stomped her feet way out of the mart. he found it cute as he giggled.

"oh? oh? you found it funny that im mad huh?! yah lee jaehyun!", she whined again. he pulled her to get seated on a bench and ruffled her hair, "eat before it melts yieun" she glared at him but eventually ate the ice cream.

"i hope we can hang out someday after graduation too, don't you think so?", she said with a smile. he sensed something weird, "what do you mean by that? is there something that i don't know?"

"nothing, it's just that we haven't hang out since we become seniors. it's all your fault! why are you so packed with your group of friends that you don't have time for your childhood friend huh? are you sick of me already mr lee jaehyun!!!", she nagged and he thinks that's madly cute of her.

it's not that he's sick of her or sticking only with the boyz. it's that he tried so hard to avoid spending more time with her at first so his feelings for her will never grow.

he never thought he would fall for her, and now that he did. he might, or might not regret for it, at least he's happy at the moment.

"let's hang out sometimes then!"

he decided to let his heart free, 'chase her however you want lee jaehyun, you might have a chance now', he thought.

-

wooyeon and changmin both are walking to school today, well sucks. their parents forget them and left for work earlier. especially their father, who only can be seen at home once a week due to his overloaded project to work on.

"do we have to walk together?", she asked in annoyance.

"well duh of course, we are siblings?", he replied. "oh by the way, are we still keeping our relationship as secret?", he asked. she immediately glanced at him, "yes, ji changmin. why would you ask this suddenly?"

sweats slowly starting to form on his forehead, thinking how would his sister 'torture' him if he spills the truth. "n-nothing"

"you better not, or else your crazy fans will attack me like, neverending!", she started to speed up her pace to keep distance with him as they're nearly there. "this will be our distance whenever we are near school!", she halfly screamed and walked into the school entrance.

changmin just shook his head and sighed, before following her pace slowly and entered into the school. "jichang!", juyeon threw his arm onto his shoulder as he greeted him. "oh hey juyeon!"

wooyeon went to get her book from her locker and straightly entered the class. she took her seat and started to scroll on her phone.

should i greet hyunjae?

she said to not to, but she did eventually.

she turned her head to see him standing by the entrance of the classroom, waving at her

she turned her head to see him standing by the entrance of the classroom, waving at her. she just waved at him back.

she walked out of the classroom and followed him from behind as he leaded her to the rooftop

she walked out of the classroom and followed him from behind as he leaded her to the rooftop. closing the door, they went to the edge and talked.

"what did you wanna tell me?"

"should we reveal our relationship to the school?", he asked. "what? how?", she asked back.

"uhh...", he hesitated.

"are you free after school? let's go on a date"

she nodded, "oh, sure"

"then... uhh... i will wait you in front of your classroom after 2?", he asked and she nodded. "be good today okay, i won't be able to see you during school lunch", he patted her head softly and she scoffed.

"yah are you so eager to reveal us as a couple? i mean, a fake one?", she asked and giggled. he nodded, "i think there's a chance between me and my crush"

"ah, right. uhh, where are we going for our first date then?", she asked out of curiosity.

"you will see", he winked and left.

---
btw i just introduced hyunjae's crush in this part so hi habqnsnkckfnen