16

Author POV
"oh changmin? goodmorning son"

changmin walked to his mother and gave her a hug, "goodmorning mom." she ruffled his hair as she asked him, "what do you wanna eat today for breakfast?"

"hmm, waffles! oh and mom uh...", he didn't know how to bring the fact up to her. well, it's awkward to say that wooyeon brought someone back home.

"hmm?"

"w-wooyeon she... never mind, can you cook one more serving of pancake?", he asked. she nodded as she giggled, "aigoo are you super hungry or are you craving for waffles hmm?" he nodded as he grinned, "thank you mom!"

'oh god i hope wooyeon was listening to our conversation, she will say that im smart for real, for real', he thought.

-

"who is he?"

their mother asked, pointing at hyunjae. wooyeon and changmin widened their eyes as both of them remembered, they didn't inform their mother about hyunjae's stay.

"uh... "

wooyeon was surprised when hyunjae held her hand and raised it up to a higher level, "hello aunt, i am hyunjae, wooyeon's boyfriend. i apologise for the trouble that ive caused to you and wooyeon today"

there was a silent in between before anyone reacted. "a-ah... i see, no worries no worries.", their mother said. she gave a look to wooyeon, signalling her to meet her later after breakfast. and she looked at changmin, who she thinks that he knew everything but didn't dare to tell when he asked her to prepare more portions of breakfast this morning.

changmin showed his mother a smile before running back to his own room.

-

"m-mom...", wooyeon entered her room.

"sit here sweetie.", she spoke softly as she patted on her bed, the space beside her. wooyeon went to sit there and her mom held her both hands.

"i know this is hard sweetie but, no matter what you do, we can't call the marriage off. your father's company really need help and money or else he will lose the whole company. you got me hmm?"

no matter how soft her mom spoke, wooyeon just can't believe what she heard and can't help to get angry.

"mom... are there no else way to save dad's company? is that more important than your children's happiness?! and why with an old man i don't even know who?!"

"you will be meeting the person after your year end exam sweetie hmm", wooyeon shook her head on her mother's reply.

her mother sighed.

"there is one more way to save your dad's company sweetie..."

wooyeon's expression got a bit lightened as she looked up to her mom with sparkling eyes, anticipating the answer.

"we have very smart people to take over the company... sadly both of you are not in business major...", her mom sighed. "mom... can't we cancel the marriage but repay them something else...?"

she shook her head, "that was what i thought and asked, but they rejected"

"so... the point i called you here is..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"break up with your boyfriend"

-

hyunjae and wooyeon are now on a stroll, on the way back to hyunjae's house. she wanted to tag along, even though she knew that he would ended up sending her home instead of her sending him home.

their pinky fingers are interlocked.

"what's the matter? are you okay?", hyunjae noticed the unusual of wooyeon as he stopped the pace, turning her body to him, getting her to face him.

he squat down to her level as he looked at her with a thin bread smile.

'who made her like this... ', he thought.

she pushed his hands off from her arms as she turned to the front and starting to walk again. "wooyeon!", he held on her wrist. she turned to him, expressionless.

"did i do something wrong? did i made you mad hmm? or is there something in your mind that you wanna tell?", he asked. she shook her head with a forced smile, "it's nothing much, just me being a overthinker. it will be alright soon"

"do you wanna tell me about it?", he asked.

she hesitated before she walked nearer to him and hugged him. she had her face leaning on his chest. he smiled as he hugged her waist, "let's focus on enjoying present, live in the moment, instead of regretting the past, or worrying the future, mhm?"

she nodded her head as she looked up to him, he looked down to him as he gave her a peck on her lips. "let's go back now", he said and she nodded as she held his hand.

he had never seen this soft side of her.

"wait i thought i was going to walk you home?!", she stopped as she realised something.

"no you're not, i need to ensure your safety, alright?", he muttered. she shook her head, "no! i can fight people don't you remember?" he chuckled, lowkey hoping that he can take photos of her right now to capture her cuteness.

"next time okay?"

she nodded and pouted.

-

he went back home after dropping wooyeon off as he got warm welcomed by his dog, darongie. it ran to him immediately and jumped around him, wriggling its tail.

"hello daraongie~", he carried it as he brought it into his room. "oh yeah, did wooyeon not seen you before?", he mumbled to himself and turned to darongie.

"darongie, don't move okay? let's take a picture"

anyways he halfly failed.

darongie immediately ran away as soon as he got a shot, not giving him a second chance

he sent the picture to him and a few seconds later he received a video call from her. he smiled as he picked up the call.

"where did you got the dog omg?! it's so cute!!!! can i see the dog again???", she squealed. he giggled, "of course of course, darongie~"

darongie ran to hyunjae as it sat on his lap. he showed her the dog and she aww-ed. "omg darongie? what a cute name and a cute look!!!"

"hey what about me?!", he moved the camera to himself as he whined.

"you're not cute at all! i wanna see darongie!", she joked. "so bad, no!", he stuck out his tongue and she hmph-ed him. "maybe sometimes or next week you can come over and play with darongie if you want"

"OF COURSE! YAY!!!"

---