Jaime - Gentle Matching

Request from @makeshift-prime on Tumblr. (Fluff with Jaime). Jaime is sent to bring Myrcella home. But during a feast he meets the reader Oberyn's sister, and Myrcella plays matchmaker.

"Y/n. Please say you'll come with me to the feast tonight." The young blonde princess begs as her handmaiden just finished getting her ready. I finish securing my dagger holder to my dress that is a similar color to her light pink. My hair twisted some with the rest loose, facing young Myrcella. She is awfully kind and innocent. My brother has intrusted me to entertain the girl while he is off at King's Landing, I'm the only Martell girl born but I'm not betrothed off. Simply because mother is focused on the marriage between the Lannister's and us. Our families are enemies, have been for years.

"Myrcella of course I'll come. I'd be disobeying my brother if I didn't." She takes my hand in hers gently smiling. "You're more than just my protector. You are my friend and you should get a night to enjoy yourself. Now let's go." She excitedly giggled dragging me through the castle. The royal dining hall was decorated with the Martell colors and flowers as the sun sets off in the distance of the fully open room. Tonight's event was to be a last night where Myrcella and her future husband are to be here before they leave and go to Kings Landing.

Her uncle Jaime had sailed here to warn her that it's not safe here anymore, that she should return to her mother with him immediately. People are drinking and dancing the night away as I see a tall man dressed in a reddish leather tunic and pants, a sword at his hip. The lights from the torches reflect off something that looks to me made of gold...like it's a hand. I lean forward my back against the wall staring to figure out who this man is. "Y/n!" Myrcella's cheerful voice snaps me to reality. "Yes?" She suggests turning her head to the dancefloor. "Go and dance. It's really fun." I shack my head no to my friend, my gaze drifting back to the mystery man. "Myrcella, I don't have anybody to dance with..." She looks over her shoulder to see who I'm staring at. The man smiled our direction never taking his eyes off mine. Who is this attractive stranger.

"Y/n, that's my uncle Jaime Lannister!" She suddenly giggles loudly through the room causing me to cover her mouth with my left hand, my right hand resting on my dagger in case of danger. "Cella. What has gotten into you. Wait - that's him. That's the man labeled as the Kingslayer?" I looked over my shoulder to see him still staring when she removed my hand from her mouth, begging by batting her eyelashes. "You should go dance with him. I'm positive he'll say yes. I'll go ask." I try holding her back but she ends up successfully dragging me toward him.

Sure I'm a high born lady, but he's an enemy of my parents. Getting closer I see the features that were rumored throughout the seven kingdoms. He is Indeed handsome with the blonde hair that's been cut short and the bright green eyes, that Myrcella seems to identically have. "Myrcella, Lady Martell. What do I owe the pleasure?" He spoke with a deep voice that sounded like music to my ears. "Hello uncle. This is Y/n, she's my friend and protector. And she wants to dance with someone but allas my feet are killing me." She throws a hand to her forehead faking the dramatics. Jaime grins holding out his left hand for me which I place my right hand in, letting him lead me to the dancefloor once he handed his sword over to a man who is named Bronn.

A slow Dornish style song plays behind us as he rests his golden hand on my waist, intertwining his left hand with my right and finally my left resting on his shoulder. He's a little taller than I am but his gaze never leaves mine. For a few short moments we don't say a word until he finally spoke up. "You seem good for Myrcella lady Y/n, she's happy here." I nod my head yes as we slowly dance in circles. "She is Ser Jaime. She spoke of you a little. But mostly of your brother, Tyrion. He's her favorite. You can just call me Y/n by the way."

He slowly twirls me out of his chest before twirling me back in. "Y/n, call me Jaime. She seemed determined to get us together out here for a dance." I smile eyeing to see her grinning like a child as we keep dancing in the bright flame lighting. "You appear to not be like any young noble lady I've met before, Y/n. Wearing a dress with a dagger in the belt." I blush releasing a chuckle at his words, seeing to be impressed. "Well living in Dorne you never know what lerks behind every corner. Although you don't seem to be as cocky as people say you are. Some guards also say you've learned how to fight with your left hand."

"How can I not be cocky in the presence of such a beautiful girl in my arms." He playfully smirked and I roll my eyes with a slight smile. "I'd watch yourself there, Lannister. You're sister could hear." His face blushed lightly as he stutters. "You know about...?" I nod squeezing his real hand in mine. "I do. But hey..." I rest a hand under his chin making him look me in the eye. "We don't choose whom we love." He finishes my sentence easily. "It's beyond our control..."

He cups my face in his real hand and I feel a blush appear. "I'm supposed to leave tomorrow morning with Myrcella. But I'd like you to come with us. Come to Kings Landing." His green eyes are concerned when I don't say anything, he blushes in nervousness which suprised me. "I understand if you don't want to. I'm a man with one hand, who sleeps with his sister...so I understand if you'd just want to spend this night with me then never see me again-" I stand on my tippy toes cutting him off with a kiss. He slowly kisses back pulling me closer to his chest with his arm with the golden hand. My arms go around his neck deepening the kiss before we need air, so we simply rest our foreheads against one another.

"I'd gladly chase after you, Jaime Lannister. More than any other man in the seven kingdoms. I feel something for you." I revealed grinning up at him. He takes a breath, brushing his thumb over my cheek gently kissing me once more. "I'll chase after you too. Y/n Martell, until the day I can call you my wife." I pull his lips down to mine moaning when his hand runs through my hair until we hear a childish giggle that could only belong to Myrcella.

"Myrcella will be over the moon when that day comes, Jaime." I giggled burying my face in his chest. He wrapped his arms around me, breathing in the scent of my hair smiling. "I believe we both will be. Y/n Lannister could be true someday." He's the only arranged marriage I wouldn't be apposed to.