Tyrion - Library Love

Request from @makeshift-prime on Tumblr. Reader is a librarian and bonds over her love for books with Tyrion. The pair start out as friends but become something more while hiding from his father.

Alone

That's how I feel most days

Being a librarian in Kings Landing isn't a very interactive job. The average Male is too interested in sword fighting, hunting or drinking. And most young ladies are too worried about neddle work, dresses or marrying to have children. Not everyone wants or knows how to read. Typically the ones who do are the Masters and the Septions. Although the job isn't so bad. It's an escape from the horrible world around us. Westeros is a dangerous place. Filled with people who have enemies and people who act like they're friends only to turn on the innocent and kind hearted people.

Currently I'm re-shelving books to hear someone enter. Climbing down the wooden ladder I kindly say. "How can I help you today - Lord Tyrion!" But the man before me is no average citizen. Curly blonde hair and bright green eyes are a dead give away. Along with the height difference. I shriek dropping down into a curtsey before the youngest Lannister Lion. "My apology my lord. I'm not used to seeing high borns come here."

He waves his hands before helping me to stand once more. "You don't have to address me as Lord. Tyrion will be just fine miss..." I say in a shy manner. "Y/n...Tyrion which book are you looking for today?" He shrugs his shoulders slowly walking through the large shelves of books. "Nothing in particular. Just needed to hide away from my father for a few hours before he annoys me anymore today." Tywin and Queen Cersei were said to be horrible to him. The only person who is nice to him is his older brother Jaime, the queen's twin brother.

I pick up the end of my light green dress following him to an empty table covered with books I'd yet to organize. "Oh I'm sorry for the mess Tyrion. I'll take care of it-" He gently takes my hand in his as I start to move the books. "Y/n, it's quite alright. Take a break with me. I'd enjoy some company that it's a studdorn high born." He sits in a chair and I take a seat beside him before my eyes catch the cover of one of my favorite books. "I've always been fascinated by this one. Have you read it Tyrion?"

He eyes the cover chuckling softly. "Oh my lady Y/n. I've lived in the presence of the famous Moon Door." I sit the book down resting my chin in the palms of my hands lisening curiously. "There I was accused of a crime I hadn't committed by Catelyn Stark, Lady of Winterfell. Her sister's young child wanted to make me fly he said. The door opened for you to see the ground hundreds of feet below me. Why I thought that would be my end. Luckily it was there I met Ser Bronn who saved me life in place of my brother Jaime." He throws his hands around dramatically as he explains his story and it was in that moment I knew this man was more than a friend.

Weeks have passed and he's always visited me when he doesn't want to deal with his father. Tyrion treats me like I'm the same status at him. I've never once mocked him for how short he is. I'm reading a book on his family as he comes with a scroll in hand. "Y/n, I've decided it's about time we take a trip." Closing the book I spin around in my chair confused. "We take a trip. Where and if I leave who will take care of the library?" He enrolled the scroll for me to read that's it's a direct order from the Hand of the King.

Tilting my head down at him he shows a bright smile. "My father will have a sqiar here that knows this place well. He's sending me home to Casterly Rock for a week or two. I think it's time I show the woman I love what the world has to offer. Get to explore these places you've memorized by the book pages." I gasp lightly feeling myself blush a deep red. He just said he loves me. Tyrion Lannister can't possibly love a simple librarian. Not when he can have any Lady of a great and noble house.

"You love me, Tyrion?" I stumbled on my words. His green eyes lock onto mine as he climbs in a chair to be the same level as I am. "Of course I do. You're the only person I've ever met that loves reading as much as I do. You're nice to me all the time and have become someone who brings a smile to my face when I'm angry or frustrated at Joffrey, my sister or my father. You are passionate about wanting to see the world, so yes I want to show it you. I want to spend my life with you, Y/n L/n."

A huge grin mask my face at his words before I lean in kissing him sweetly. He leans in cupping my face in his hands for a moment before we need air. "I love you too, Tyrion Lannister." He grins kissing me again with a bright smile. "I'd travel the world with you, anywhere and anytime." From that moment on we were thick as thieves hiding away in our own corner of the world when the rest of the world was annoying.