Chapter.25

ONE WEEK LATER:

It's been a week since the accident, and tomorrow I have to go to court to fight another fight against Alex, but this time it's the final one.To end the dinner, Lana made one of her new creations, since she found out I love desserts she bakes at least one every other day."Freed, call everyone there's dessert," shouted Lana from the kitchen."Guys come in, there's dessert" Fred calls to us.They're out on the porch with Cry, and they came to see me too: Andrea, Cristina, Alessio and Simone, they are staying here for two nights, to be my moral support during the trial."Thank you Mrs Di Blasio you didn't have to," replied Simone taking two plates."But of what? You are family now!" we all sit down in the dining room, at the long wooden table in the middle of the room."Ready for tomorrow?" Cristina asks me."Yes yes..." I quickly put a bite of the cake in my mouth, not wanting to worry them but actually not ready to see him again."You know we're by your side right?" hugs Crystian to me, I nod holding him even tighter.

THE NEXT DAY:I take my mascara, run it over my lashes, then a little blush and a veil of lip gloss complete my make-up, I step back a little to see how I look in the mirror."You look beautiful!" interrupts my thoughts, Lana."Do you think this dress is too much?" I wore a colourful floral dress with boots and a black jacket."No darling, you reflect the simple girl you are one hundred percent!" she came up and from behind she fixed my hair, styling my hair, half loose and with what was left she braided it "Now you're ready! Shall we go?" he asked."Thank you!" I hug her tighter than ever, trying to hold back the tears."I'll always be there you know right?""Yeah I know," Lana goes down to the others who are waiting for me, a light spray of Hypnotic Poison and I join them as well. We're in court, I've sat in the table where my mum's lawyer is also, who will help me, while my family and friends have taken seats in the benches behind me; it's my first time in court, just thinking about having to go back there for custody gives me the willies; I hear a door slam, I turn around and see him, he's wearing an orange jumpsuit and his hands are bound by handcuffs, he's sitting in the table next to me, I can't breathe, I'm anxious that he's going to get away with this, I'm scared, I wish I at least had Lana or Cry here with me."Hope breathe!" a whisper from Andrea reconnects me, I grab the inhaler and spray twice.The judge enters and we all stand up; the trial lasted about an hour and a half with witnesses and accusations, questions and lies, among the details that caused a stir: the defence lawyers asked me if and how I had been beaten, if there had been ejaculation and other details about the violence, and if I had ever had carnal relations with the main defendant before; they also asked my mother why I was in a park drunk late at night, and why I had a date with a man I had not introduced her to. My lawyer called Trina to testify, where she immediately denied what Alex's lawyers had said, and at the end of Trina's speech the court retired to decide the matter. After half an hour, they called us all back in and the court sentenced Alex Black to two years and four months imprisonment, the damages being calculated at three thousand US dollars.At the sound of those words a smile broke out on my face, all the weight and frustration I had on me flew away like a balloon in the sky; everyone hugged me tightly, shouting and crying along with me."We need to celebrate!" yelled Fred "Let's go out to eat, my treat tonight! ".I sit down next to my friends, I'm facing the main window of the restaurant that overlooks Central Park, I admire the beauty of nature outside.... "Hope are you there?" Lana interrupts me, I was once again lost in my thoughts, still not believing that I won."'Here this is for you' between the pause of the first and second, Andrea handed me an envelope, containing some papers, I open it and start reading: 'This is for you', I change the paper.For everything you've been through, you need a break.Pack a bag, we're flying on Saturday.'Get ready to speak Spanish, because Valencia is waiting for you' at the end of these words I burst into tears."Really?" I ask everyone."We're going to Spainaa, Holè!" my friends gave me a holiday in Valecia all together, just us friends and Crystian.