Chapter.1

"I recommend you study for the second test simulation next week, good weekend to all" so the professor of history let us go after two excruciating hours on the Russian revolution.

Another day of school is gone, maturity approaches and anxiety increases.

Often after school on Tuesday afternoon, my friends and I go to the country library to study, but we know that in the end it doesn't end like this because it's just an excuse to be together.

I have known Cristina since kindergarten times, she is a bit special: dark in complexion, she makes hairdressers happy by changing her hair color every month and goes crazy for leopard-like things, she looks a bit like Cruella Demon, she has a tough character but it is always solar; Andrea, on the other hand, I met her at the gym when I started volleyball, she was already part of the team, she is the opposite of Cristina: fair-skinned, with two emerald green eyes and black hair like Snow White, super neat and obstinate in always having reason.

As always Cristina was late, while I was waiting I had already taken three macchiato coffees to start our intense study.The library is a quiet place to go to study, after the summer closure they added the bar, a godsend when you you are about to fall asleep.

"I'll kill it, I swear it's time I'll take it out!"

Slamming the bag on the ground and throwing the jacket on the chair Cristina made her entrance; while I gently put the coffees on the table Andrea asked her for explanations, "Tiziana went to Simone to say, that I'm 'the girl from a fuck and go'" slams the phone on the table "After five years of relationship she comes to tell me that I am alone from a fuck and go? ", Simone's mother had combined one of hers, she still insists on going against their relationship.

After hours of chats and not even an open book, I go home with headphones in my ears and depressing music that echoes so loudly that I would have lost my hearing overnight; my house is a quarter of an hour from the library but walking is not the problem, the real problem is to go home.

I open the gate, enter the house and my sweet dog comes to celebrate me, a three-year-old Beagle who was given to us by Father at Christmas, the only salvation of the family.

I put down my backpack, go to the kitchen and as soon as I enter I feel a scent of baked chicken with potatoes, on the table as always the famous chocolate and raspberry cake that feeds more and more my hunger, all cooked by Flory, the our house maid, I call her a Wonder Woman: she cleans, sews, cooks, hangs, stretches, she knows me from an early age and knows what I like and what I don't like, so much so that I always prepare meals according to my tastes.

I don't have a good relationship with my family, it all started when on the evening of my tenth birthday Meredith and Paul had the brilliant idea of ​​telling me that I was not their natural daughter and that I was adopted, an unforgettable birthday for a girl of ten years, I remember that my perfect world collapsed in an instant turning into one thought: "why me?", in less than five minutes my life had changed and I no longer saw the two people in front of me with the same eyes me despite having loved them from the beginning.

Worsening the situation was the birth of my sister, in the nine months following the fantastic news, Grace entered the life of all of us, a divine sign that struck my parents thus canceling all the false answers given by the fertility tests, in other words a big butt blow; she was beautiful with two blue eyes and tender cheeks to scramble, which over time would become the most spoiled and snobbish girl I know, at only nine years old she participated in five beauty contests conquering three victories; from her birth all the attention that was directed to me passed to her and the life of Meredith and Paul was based mainly on the needs of their "little Princess"; in pure adolescent development I tried to get noticed in the family, from the admonition of three days from school for having smeared the wall with cans, until I ran away from home for one night telling him that I was staying with a friend when I went to dancing, only it all made our relationship worse.