Chapter.4

Returning to my room after a hellish evening I decided it was time to change my life, I am tired of living together with a family based on the principles of lies, with the excuse of the trip to New York I could have escaped thus starting the journey of truth , maybe this is the right time for my life to change into something better.

The next day is Saturday so it means free house all day, Paul will be busy with an important client while the other two will be out of town because the devil has to try on the clothes for the parade.

A ray of sunshine passing through the window woke me up after a night spent turning and turning around, too many thoughts in my head I don't know where to start; I get out of bed put on my slippers and go down to the kitchen where I find Flory preparing me breakfast and while I cook I start asking her some questions: "Flo have you ever heard my parents talk about my adoption?" while the kitchen said to me: "Messrs. Stevens have always wanted to have a large family they wanted to be distracted from too much work, when you arrived home the lady quit to be able to dedicate herself only to you, they had decided to make a closed adoption because fear bigger than both was that your natural mother could change her mind at any moment, then when that little sister of your sister arrived everything changed "" Yes from that moment I remember everything, but since you know this house better than me and clean everywhere in here you have never seen something about documents? " she puts the scrambled eggs with the becon on the plate and when she poured the orange juice into the glass she thinks she saw a black binder in my father's office with a label on it saying Hope Adoption "Eye Hope what are you doing, I didn't say anything to you "I warned myself with a little fear that could be read in her eyes, without thinking about it for a second I finish breakfast very quickly and head for the room.

I open the door and I see an old-fashioned desk made by my grandfather for Paul he was a good carpenter, above is the latest Apple model with a photo of Grace with Meredith and me beside it, I turn on the computer to check in email if there was some clue but nothing was just about work, I look up and see that inside the bookcase at the top right there is a black folder, I approach quickly and with a little effort I can get it, I sit on the armchair and with the hand that trembles I open it and start leafing through it, all my data are written: my name and surname, my date of birth, the color of the eyes and hair is all about me, I turn the page and see an envelope with the words "For Hope" I open it and find a letter accompanied by an instant photo that portrays an apparently young woman with black hair in a hospital bed, she is holding a newborn baby wrapped in a pink cover, while the fixed start me to burn my eyes which made me collapse into a silent cry; I hear Flory screaming from the kitchen "Hope has come, go away!" I understand that Meredith and Grace have returned in advance from their parade, quickly I take the envelope, put the binder in place and run into the room throwing the letter under the pillow and just when I pull out my hand Meredith opens the front door.