Chapters Eight

Asia

Millio holds my hand leading me into a fancy restaurant. Inside it is empty untill we get to a long table.

Most of his family is already seated at the table. Pavel, Dimitri, Nikita, and their parents. Lucifer sits on the left side on the table next to the emty seat at the head of the table.

I knew something was up with him. Was Millio using him to watch me. Of course he was.

He has a woman on her knees sitting beside him a black woman. She must be his submissive. Millio pulls out my seat for me. I sit right across from Lucifer and Millio sits at the head.

Beside me is Nikita and beside her is her mother. At the other head to the table is Milio's father, on his right sits Pavel, and Dimitri next to him.

"Hello beautiful, long time no see. I was wondering where my favorite bartender had run off to." He had a grin planted on his face.

I roll my eyes. Of course he had someone watching me. I look over at Millio and see he is amused.

Thats funny, the last man who complimented me was shot on the spot.

They must be close.

Time goes by and my boredom grows. The family talks catching up.

In this time I learn that Millio is the Pakan of all Pakan's. Nikita said that once he took over the brava did nothing but grow and become more ruthless.

She explains Millio like he is some kind of god or dark over lord. She speaks of all the connections he has built using fear and respect.

Nikita is maried to Dimitri who is actually older than Millio. Dimitri is not the Pakan, because he was not deemed worthy by their father.

"How come Millio looks nothing like his mother?" I make sure my voice is a little above a whisper so that only Nikita hears.

The rest of the family is consumed in their on conversations. Millio is having his own conversation with Lucifer. They looks as if they are catching up.

She kinda laughs under her breath. "Alexandria is not his mother."

I look back and forth from Millio to his family. There is no resemblance between him and Alexandria.

Him and his brothers share some similar characteristics that they get from their father but other than that they look different.

On the other hand Millio and his father look alot alike. They share everything except for an eye color.

"I'm confused."

"Their father was a bit of a rolling stone." She admits. "Dimitri says his mom was a random whore their father killed after giving birth to the Pakan."

That's fucked up. I wonder if thats why Millio is like that. I wonder if he is going to cheat on me, or worse get tired of me and kill me. It's not like I can do anything.

Millio orders our food. He got steak and got me some kinda fancy pasta. "Can I get wine?" I look at him pleading with him using my eyes.

He looks at me for a second before caving. "One glass," My mood intantly brightens.

Our food gets to us pretty quickly. My pasta is kinda like spaghetti, but with panini noodles. It tastes pretty good.

The silence around the table is broken by a soft voice. "So Asia how do you feel about you and the Pakhan's reunion?" Alexandria ruins my mood with her stupid ass questions.

Why can't they just call him by his name?

I look over at Millio and see that he is already looking at me. I wonder if she is doing this shit on purpose to get me in trouble.

Millio nods at me. I don't know why. He talks for me when it comes to everything else.

I take a deep breath and open my mouth to say something. "Not right now." Millio finally comes to my rescue. I pick back up my glass of wine and sip from it.

Dimitri cuts in. "Her knowing her place is important." Everyone else at the table is silent. I look around and my eyes meet their fathers.

"Trust me she knows her place. Do I have to remind you of yours?" Millio asks him. Dimitri shakes his head.

Coward

Millio looks back at me and chuckles. "Look at my Angel. She couldn't get away from me even if her life depended on it." His voice sends chills down my spine. Knowing him one day it just might.

Tears well up in my eyes. I don't know why this hurts me so much. Maybe because it is true.

I look at him to see what I had did wrong and I am met with empty eyes. He hasn't even touched me or talked to me since we sat down.

Not that I want him to, I guess.

"You know what. I would like to get to know my daughter in law better. Pakhan you should let her out of the house sometime to come and see me." Alexandria gives me a soft smile.

Millio answers her with a simple "Net." His no brings the table back to it's silence only the sound of silverware touching the plates remain.

Alexandria has this look of defeat on her face.

I liked her at first, but now I see that everyone at this table is not rooting for me. They only follow Millio.

"She is a tsaritsa now. Poluchit' yeye nadlezhashcheye obucheniye, chtoby ona vyzhila." His father is the one to speak this time. I think tsaritsa means wife, but I am not quite sure.

I look tword Nikita to elaborate. "He said you need the proper training so that you have a chance to survive."

I look to Millio. This time he nods. He turns back to me before standing up. He holds his hand out for me and I put my hand in his.

I say my goodbyes to his family and we leave.