Chapter Twenty Four

Asia

The house is completely silent. I can't even hear the random creaking of the floors. His room is filled with my stuff and his, mine nicely organized on the left and his put together on the right.

We both have our own closets mine reaches down two levels one level for clothes and the other for jewelry, accessories, and shoes.

Milio also has two closets as well one for clothes and shoes the other contains whips, gags, and chains. I have traced my fingers around every wall of this room and I have seen every square inch.

I have spent a month or so locked in here, most of it chained to Milio's bed.

Everyday I sit in a corner of the room and read until my husband gets home. Today will be no different.

He has given me a small selection of books that he has hand picked for me to read. Todays book is The Alchemist, I faintly remember reading this book in middle school and hating it.

Sigh

I shuffle past the title page and start reading. The beginning is a little slow, but it it kicked up a little towards the middle.

I take a small break and start to shuffle my finger through my hair, no comb. Milio likes to be the one to comb my hair and once he is done he takes the comb to another room.

I wonder if people still remember me?

I know I don't exist anymore, but people have to remember me. My dentist, middle school teachers, and maybe even my boss, yeah they have to remember me. I remember them mostly. I wonder how they would describe me?

They would probably say I was tall, chubby, talkative. Milio describes me as the most beautiful creature, soft, and his. Have I changed because of him? Will people no longer describe me in the same way?

The door opens slowly and I stop thinking. My husband is home early. He walks in like he always does leaving the door open behind him, testing me.

He first acknowledges me bending down and kissing me. His eyes are small and relaxed. He's smoked I can smell it faintly on him under his half a thousand dollar colon. I wish I could smoke, we used to smoke together.

He walks away from me to the closet, the door is still open.

"How was your morning Angel?" His voice surprises me. I guess I had checked out for a bit.

He is sitting in my chair in the corner not even two long steps away from me.

"The same." I answer back quickly.

His eyes travel down to my hands "New book."

I look down at the hard back I have my finger jammed into to keep my place.

"Yes, The Alchemist." I look to the long window at the opposite end of the room. I try not to stare to hard out of it when he is here.

"Do you like it?" He calls for my attention again.

I turn to him. "No."

His eyes light up in amusement. "I will let you pick out your own next time."

"Really?" My eyes widen. I can't believe it.

"Da," he stands and walks to the door before stopping. "Come." He holds out his hand for me to take.

I stand and put my hand in his. He smiles down at me watching my every move while slowly walking me through the threshold leading out of our room.

I take in the different colored walls and the modern art that is hung on every other wall. The change in scenery makes me tear up. Milio stares at me while I wipe tears from my face.

"Why are you crying Angel?" He looks at me with his eyebrows furrowed and his head tilted to the side. His long shadow rains down on me blocking the light from inside the hall. He wraps his arm around me.

"I-I don't know." I answer truthfully. Maybe it was the fact that I have only looked at the same dark grey walls for the past few days or that I am too scared to walk anywhere that is not in the same vicinity as Milio. I don't know.

"Come." He once again holds out his hand for me to take it.