Chapter Eighteen

Most everything Milio says is in russian. 

Same Day

Milio 

"One...Two......Two and a half.......Three," I shove the gun farther into the head of yet another terrified computer tech. I prolong the pauses between each number to add a dramatic effect.

"Come on Milio he is the only American computer tech we could find. Don't you think we should give him more time?" Lucifer says very gallantly, playing the "Good cop."

"I am giving him time.....four…...." I pull back the safety, making him freeze. 

"I-I go-" I pull the trigger before he gets to finish saying what he was going to say. His brains blow in all directions; they cover my clothes and the computer screen. 

“Another one bites the bullet.” Lucifer jokes while stepping over the pile of bodies we have accumulated. We have gone through a number of technicians to locate my wife’s chip. I wipe  away the poor American fellow’s skull and blood from the computer screen. 

My eyes light up at the sight of her location. Here I come, Angel.

—--------------------

“You have five fucking minutes. If I don’t see my fucking wife every person in there is dead.” I wait impatiently, pacing back and forth in front of my family’s home; machine gun in hand.

I decide that five minutes is too long and take things into my own hands. I spray bullets into the door before kicking it down. Once I am through the door I am greeted with my father and his shotgun. 

“Where’s my wife?” I lower my gun out of respect to my father. 

He in return lowers his. “She’s safe.” He means from me. He doesn’t give me the slightest hint as to where she is. His eyes remain on me watching every move I make. “We need to talk, Milio.” He turns his back to me and sauter's off. 

I follow behind him all the way to his office. He sits behind a long oak desk that he has had for years. I decided to stay standing. If I see my Angel I am killing her on sight. “I know what you want to do to that girl.” His voice is deep and presidenting. “I won’t allow it. She is the only thing keeping you from burning down our county. You killed fifty people today alone.” He pauses.

 I don’t give a fuck about those people or this county. I want my Angel back. I want her to suffer. I want her to feel the way I have felt for the past twelve hours.

“If I don’t see my wife before the day is over I will blow this fucking county to smithereens with her in it.” My breathing escalates and my hand tightens around my gun.

My father grimaces at my disrespect. “I will allow you to see her, but if you kill her I will blow your fucking head off.” He picks back up his gun before ushering one of his men to go get my wife.

I don’t give a fuck about his threat, I will do whatever I want with my wife, and right now killing her is the only thing I can think about. 

I put my gun down on my father's desk before looking at the door. I watch as my wife walks in. They have changed her clothes since the last time I saw her. She wears one of my old t-shirts and shorts. Her knees and elbows are banaged, her wrists are bruised. 

"Who in the fuck did that to her?" My anger grows at the sight of a scratch on her right cheek. 

"The officer who brought her here. She has been handled." My father handed me a picture of the woman who my wife sought out for assistance, she had a hole in her head that leaked a small amount of blood. I nodded...satisfied. 

I look back to my wife. Her eyes are trained on me while tears cascade down her beautiful face. I wave her over to get her to come closer. 

She doesn't move. 

"Come the fuck here...now." I snap my hands ball up in fists. She comes closer, but not close enough to keep me content. 

I pull her to me so that she doesn't feel so far away. I wipe my thumb down her face collecting tears. Her eyes are closed. "Fucking look at me." I shake her. Her eyes shoot open and she looks at me with hatred. 

I nearly choked her. Why is she looking at me like that? She is so small I can break her. I want to break her, make her unfixable. 

"Why?" My hand goes to her chin so that she can only look at me. 

If she doesn't answer me within the next two seconds I will break her face. 

"I-" her voice comes out horse. She clears her throat then continues. "I want to go back to my life." 

"This is your fucking life. You don't have a life without me. Your life is me." I trace her lips with my wet thumb. 

I will just have to make it so that there is no life for her to go back to. 

She closes her eyes again before opening them again quickly. I can see nothing but anger in those beautiful big brown eyes."I did have a life. Fuck you." She cries harder, screaming at me. My hands drop from her face and she steps back. “I fucking hate you. I can’t stand the fact that I am fucking marri-” 

 In shock her hand goes to her neck before she falls to the floor. Blood starts to run between her fingers. 

I look down at my hand, it is gripping a letter opener that I don’t even remember picking up.  

“Fuck,” My father runs up, but I stop him from touching her. 

I look back down to my Angel. She lays on the floor in a small pool of her blood. So beautiful. “I don’t give a fuck how you feel. You belong to me.” She makes a gurgling sound before blood flows out of her mouth.  

I picked her up from the floor. “You don’t get to fucking leave me.”