Chapter Nine

Asia

"No the color is green. I changed it." I throw Lucifer's card back to him. "Stop cheating." We are playing Uno and the game is getting intense with us both having only three cards each.

"Whatever you say beautiful." He studies his hand before putting down his green card. "I could have sworn you said red."

"Well I didn't, Uno." I only have one card left.

I take this moment to look out into the garden. It is so beautiful. The garden is filled with various flowers as far as my eyes can see. A small pond sits to the left of all the plants.

The weather is perfect and a breeze comes through every now and then.

I take a sip from my cup of lemonade that I had secretly spiked with a shot or two of whiskey Millio had sitting around.

I looked back over to our Uno game. "Lucifer you better not be cheating."

Me and Lucifer have become close this past week and a half. He is here a lot either talking business with Millio or training me.

He told me him and Millio met when they where both in the Gulags (russian prison) a year after he left me in America.

Lucifer said that inside the Gulags men turn into animals. He said the only reason he survived is because Millio.

He said that Millio is a Killer.

Tell me something I don't know.

He said once they got out Millio became a killing machine not just killing because he had to but because he enjoyed it going to lengths as far as killing family members.

He told me that's why they became good friends because they injoyed the same things.

They both enjoy killing.

Not just killing, but killing slowly and painfully. He called it savoring the kills.

He claimed that no one was safe. In turn Milio's empire grew and he became untouchable.

"Ok play your card I changed the color to blue." He seems hopeful.

I smirk placing my blue card down on the messy stack. "Uno out." I laugh evily. Lucifer has beat me in the past two games so this win is extra sweet.

He lets out a defeated sigh before looking at his watch. "Why is your name Lucifer?"

"You don't like my name." He gives me a creepy smile. I don't think men like him and Millio are meant to smile.

"No it's okay. Was just wondering where your parents got it from." I give him a kind smile.

"One day gorgeous, but today your hour is up." He looks at his watch one last time. I watch him beckon for the maid to get the Finnished lemonade.

He holds out his hand for me to take and I take it. Once he is done helping me up I let go not needing his help anymore.

He walks me back inside my prison that also just happens to be a room I share with my husband. I flop on the bed and lay flat on my stomach.

The room is fragrant with the sent of
my favorite fall airwick. They have the fire on and come in every now and then to feed it wood.

As I am starting to settle in with my Narnia book in hand the bedroom door opens.

In walks my husband. His top half is bare with sweat glistening off his tatted abs. His bottom half is in grey sweat pants. I work my way up his body until our eyes meet.

"How was your training?" He asks me this while walking into the closet.

"It was hell." I run my hands down my face while groaning. The memories of earlier today flash through my brain.

He comes out of the closet chuckling at my pain. "It's supposed to be. Lucifer says you are out of shape. You need to at least be able to run." He says bluntly. This man doesn't give a fuck.

I decided to shrug it off. "I can run."

"Not very fast." He has a small smirk on his face. I frown. "Come here." He stands at the lounge area in the room in from of a couch.

I sigh before following his command. My arms crossed and my feet dragging I tread my way over to him.

Once I am infront of him he grabs my face. He presses his forehead against mine, then our noses. "Why didn't you come see me today?"

He allows his lips to almost touch mine before pulling away. He lets go of my face. "What should your punishment be?"