Chapter 2

It was lunch time, meaning Y\N L\N has to eat lunch, not in the cafeteria of course,

But the top floor of the school building.

Usually, her female classmates would pick on her at the school canteen so she chose not to eat there anymore.

And she chose to eat at the top floor ever since then.

She isn't complaining though.

She gets to enjoy the wind as it brushes through her hair that's tied up in a messy bun, Her food is waiting for her to eat it and she gets to look at the beautiful view all by herself.

What can go wrong?

Well, she spoke too soon.

As the young female ate her lunch for the day, a couple of girls walked up to her and stated.

"Aw, is the school doll eating lunch all by herself?" As she laughed with the other girls behind her.

There it goes again.

Not going to lie, she's getting tired of this.

"Yes. And you don't have to remind me, queen of the school." She stared at the girl with those deathly eyes of hers.

"I would've been the queen if you stop getting in my way!" The girl exclaimed as she grabbed the L\N's hand and dug her nails into her skin, making it bleed a little.

"I would have got your role, school doll. But what did you do? You stole it from me." She was about to say something else when one of her friends spoke.

"We have to go, our teacher will start looking for us. We need to help him make some decorations for this upcoming event, right?"

The queen was pissed but followed anyway, she wouldn't like it if she would get lectured.

"Remember this, L\N, if you dare to make a move on Rindou, I'll make sure you won't ever see sunlight again."

And with that, they left the poor emotionless girl as she blankly stared at her bleeding arm.

Again, she was used to physical bullying such as this one.

She sighed before continuing on eating her lunch, not bothering to patch up her injury.

She doesn't have bandages to cover it up anyway, so she used her cardigan, smearing the red substance on the fabric, but it wasn't too visible so it should work for the rest of the day.

After she finished her food, she walked down the stairs with her small bento box to see some girls fanning over the younger Haitani, again.

Girls these days.

Would only act nice to boys who's famous and charming when they probably don't even know his personality yet.

Talk about bothersome.

She didn't mind it though, have that boy all you want, she wouldn't care one bit.

She walked to her classroom to write some things related to her previous lesson when her bruise hit her like a truck.

Her pen fell down and her hands were too shaky to pick it up. 

A voice laughed behind her; her demon.

'Did you remember that time when your mother lectured you about your grade to the point where she gripped your wrist and dug her nails into the flesh?'

"Shut up."

'That was such a fateful day! If only it would happen again.'

"Shut your mouth."

'Okay okay I will. But I'll still put that scene in your memory.'

The female sighed before picking up her pen, making sure it wouldn't fall and started to write her notes over again.

If only this demon would depart from her mind.

If only.

As the sound of the bell rang through each students' ears, they rushed out of their classroom and ran to the gates to go home. 

Y\N began packing her bag and slowly walked towards the school gate to meet the oh so charming Rindou Haitani.

She waited.

And waited.

And waited.

She let out a small sigh. Maybe he doesn't want to practice his lines with her.

She was about to go home when she heard somebody running to her way as she turned back.

There he is.

"You made me run all the way here, you better pay for it." The younger Haitani spoke, clearly out of breath as he look up to see the female.

She said nothing when she grabbed her water bottle and gave it to the man.

"What are you doing?" He asked. "Paying." She simply stated. The boy mentally facepalmed. "I don't need it, I have my own anyway."

The girl titled her head before putting back her water bottle in her bag.

"Let's just go." Rindou huffed as he walked to his place, clearly annoyed of the fact that he has to do all these when he should be doing fun things.

Y\N nodded in response, following behind.

The door made a small sound, signaling the people inside the house that the young Haitani was home.

"Welcome home-" A voice was about to greet the male when he noticed a figure behind him. "Rindou, who's that cutie over there?" 

The boy sighed before speaking,

"Ran, this is Y\N. My partner for a play. Y\N, this is Ran, my older brother. You must know him since he goes to the same school as us although he doesn't really attend school."

The older Haitani rolled his eyes. "Says the one who doesn't go to school either."

"I go to school at least 3 times a week."

"If you want to."

"Shut up."

Ran was about to say another comeback when he realized the female was still there, staring at them with those emotionless eyes of hers.

"I'm sorry about that, sweetheart." He spoke, smiling at the young lady. "It's alright." She deathly responded. 

"Oh, right. I have to go somewhere." The older brother exclaimed, running towards the front door.

He really is getting old for he forgot he was supposed to meet up with someone today.

"Take care of Rindou for me!" He finished his sentence, referring to the girl as she waved a small 'goodbye'.

"Don't mind him and let's just get to it already." The younger brother scoffed, walking to his bedroom. She nodded once again as she followed him to his room.

___