I'm Home

The soft sound of Wanda's feet pattering against the cold tiles of the kitchen filled the room as she entered, yawn escaping her lips as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes, making a beeline for the stove to turn on the kettle so she could brew a cup of tea.

To say she was disappointed when she woke up to a cold bed this morning would be an understatement. She understood that missions ran longer than needed sometimes and of course Natasha would get called in a mission that ended up dragging out longer.

So she just huffed when she woke up, crawled out of bed, threw one of Natasha's hoodies on and made her way down to the kitchen, to be where she is now.

Tea was a remedy to ease Wanda's mind. There was something about all of the herbs that just relaxed her thoughts, and her mind, as she had a habit of letting it travel to the more worse things that could be happening to cause this delay in Natasha's arrival home.

But nonetheless, she knew she would return, she always did, this was just another one of those missions. So she just stood in front of the kettle, watching it intently as she waited for it to boil.

A soft chuckle was emitted from behind her causing Wanda to jump slight, turning quickly with red whisps of energy forming at her fingertips, ready to shoot them at the intruder.

Her shoulders slumped and she dropped her hands when she saw a very amused Steve sitting at the island, sipping on his own coffee as he watches the witch move about the kitchen.

"You scared the shit out of me Steve." She stated, her accent poking through more than normal as it was early morning, and it had a tendency to be more predominant when she first woke up.

"Sorry Wands, I was enjoying your staring contest with the kettle that I just couldn't interrupt." Steve spoke smugly as he continued to drink from his coffee cup, laughing at the pout that now adorned Wanda's face.

"Absolutely uncalled for." She huffed and turned back around to face her kettle, scrolling on her phone aimlessly, hoping to have received a text of some sort from Natasha, explaining her extension but there was nothing. She sighed and placed her phone down on the counter, before grabbing the kettle that was now whistling, signaling that the water was boiled.

She grabbed her cup and tea bag, before placing the teabag in her cup and carefully pouring the water into the cup on top of the tea bad. She did not need to burn her foot like she did again last time.

"Uh Wanda?" Steve asked.

"Yes Steve?" Wanda asked back, setting the kettle back down on the stove, before turning and facing the man, leaning against the counter.

"You still call your dad, daddy?" Steve asked again, eyebrow raised in question as he held up her phone which was ringing. Wanda nearly choked on the sip of tea she was taking. She gently sat her cup down and walked the few feet to the island counter, before grabbing her phone out of his hand and looking at the caller id, smirking slightly to herself.

She tapped the answer button before holding the phone up to her ear.

"Hey Nat.." She said softly and Steve choked on his coffee, bursting into a fit of coughs as he tried to regain his composure. Wanda couldn't help the laugh that escaped her lips as Steve tried to steady his breathing, his face now a deep shade of crimson red.

"What's all that ruckus?" Nat asked on the other end of the line and Wanda just shook her head, smiling at the now flustered Steve who was quite literally not expecting Wanda to answer the phone and address Natasha.

"Oh I think Steve saw and heard something he didn't want to." Wanda spoke, a hint of amusement in her voice as she watched Steve who now had the look of utmost disgust on his face. He most definitely could have gone the rest of his life without knowing the information he just learned.