Drunken Mistake Pt. 2

Weeks had passed since Wanda had seen Natasha.

Weeks had passed since Wanda had seen Natasha and confessed that she was in love with her.

Wanda couldn't bear to see Natasha after that night, she couldn't stay in the apartment; she needed to get as far away from her as she could. She knew she could only go so far so, she bunkered down in a place she knew no one would expect her to be.

Steve had grown to become like an older brother to the Sokovian, someone she could call when she was upset, her rock when she needed grounding and a shoulder to cry on when things in life just became too hard. Wanda trusted Steve with her entire life and she knew this was the only place she could truly go if she wanted to escape and get away.

She knew she couldn't stay here forever. She knew that eventually she'd have to go to the apartment to get the rest of her things. She knew at one point she'd have to talk to Natasha, but things were still too fresh. She was still hurting, she was still hurting over the fact that she lost the one person she truly loved in the world and she didn't think she'd ever get her back.

And as much as Wanda hated to admit it, she lost her best friend. The one person she thought she could rely on for the rest of her life, but hurt and betrayal took over and here she was, laying in her makeshift bed at Steve's apartment, tear stained cheeks as she found herself crying again, just like every other night before.

The covers were pulled tightly to her chest, head just barely poking out as she let the tears fall, staining her pillow and her sheets. Her body numb, by this point she was numb to everything, she didn't talk to anyone, she barely saw Steve even though she was living with him and Bucky. The two kind enough to open their home to her, telling her that they'll always be there for her if she needed it.

There was a soft knock at her door to which she ignored, like always. Steve usually got the hint after the third knock and there being no response. This time there was a second knock, then a third, and then after what seemed like a minute had passed the door swung open, causing Wanda to jump slightly at the sudden sound, sitting up just enough to turn her head and see who the intruder was.

Bucky, of all people, and the last person she expected to be standing in her doorway, was leaned up against the frame, arms crossed, giving her a pointed look. She just groaned and plopped back down on the bed, pulling the covers over her head as she did.

"Go away Bucky." She groaned out, hidden under the covers.

"Wanda you need to get up. Your behavior is absolutely ridiculous, and Steve has been too nice to say anything you, but I'm not." He stated, waiting for a response from the woman but didn't receive one, he huffed and rubbed his temple.

After a minute of silence between the two, Wanda's covers were flung off of her and onto the floor of the room, she audibly gasped as she sat up quickly to look at Bucky, shooting him a glare.

"What did you do that for?!" She asked and Bucky judr laughed some.

"You need to get up Wanda, this," he motions around the room, clothes thrown everywhere, dirty dishes piled up on the nightstand and her, still clad in her pajamas, mid day, with tear stains down her cheeks. "is not good for you at all."

Wanda looked down at her hands, picking at her fingers, a bad habit that she had gotten out of, thanks to Natasha, but now that she was gone, she didn't have anyone to stop her.

"I know it's hard Wands.." He spoke softly, sitting down on the bed next to her and grabbing her hands in his.

"No, you don't understand. You don't understand what it's like to lose someone.." She said, leaning her head back to hold back the tears, but a few stray ones begin to slide down her cheeks. "To lose someone that you love in the matter of a few minutes."