Drunken Mistake Pt. 1

It was almost like clockwork, so Wanda never slept.

It was almost like she knew she would get the call, so she stayed awake, drinking tea, and watching a new tv series on Netflix so she could answer.

It was almost like it happened every Friday, to the point where Wanda didn't even need the phone call anymore, she just started showing up.

It became so repetitive, that it was almost overwhelming. Wanda was suffocated by everything that was Natasha, and she almost couldn't handle it anymore.

It was the consistency of the situation that made it out to be something Wanda was learning to hate, yet she let it happen. She let the phone call happen. She listened to the sweet, sultry voice of the woman on the other end of the line, and was hooked the second she purred out a "Hey baby."

She not once rejected her calls, her safety meant more to Wanda then her own feelings did. Making sure she got home safely and had a pillow to lay her head down on meant more to her than the pain Wanda was putting herself through.

It all started one night when Natasha had decided to go to one of Stark's parties, a local bar she thinks is where he was having it. A party in which Wanda insisted that Natasha didn't go to. Instead, she offered a movie, popcorn, and lots of cuddles. The pout on Wanda's face was almost enough to convince her but she opted for the party instead, kissing her cheek and whispering a goodbye as she took a step out of their shared apartment and downstairs to the cab that was waiting to pick her up.

The line rang a few times, a few too many times and Natasha was beginning to become frustrated. The amount of alcohol that she had consumed was not helping the situation but she just wanted to hear her voice. She was just about to hang up and call again when the lime finally picked up and she heated rustling on the other end.

"Wandaaa.." She slurred out.

"Nat?" Wanda grumbled, voice filled with sleep and accent thick as she loosely held the phone to her ear.

"Hey pretty girl.." Natasha purred, and Wanda sat up more in bed, rubbing at her eyes as she did so.

"Are you drunk?" Wanda asked and Natasha just giggled, stumbling over her own feet as she walked down the sidewalk.

"I, you know," she hiccupped. "I only had a few drinks tonight." Wanda sighed, rubbing her temples this time.

"Where are you?" She asked, while getting out of bed to put on some clothes.

"Uhm..." Natasha spoke as she turned around multiple times in a circle before stumbling and falling down, laughing as she did so. "I just fell." She laughed more this time. Wanda could hear a few people stop and ask if she was alright, all of which Natasha shooed away and said she was just talking to her girl.

Wanda hated to admit it, but the words made her stomach do flips. Natasha just called her, her girl. It was to everyone's knowledge how Wanda felt about Natasha, it was to everyone's knowledge but her own and Wanda intended to keep it that way. The last thing she needed was for Natasha to know, and for Natasha to push her away, because after all, who would want to be with her anyways.

"Nat, I need you to tell me where you are?" Wanda said, holding the phone up to her ear between her shoulders as she slid her shoes on, grabbing her keys and purse in the process.

"At a bar, downtown." She said into the phone and Wanda sighed.

"Nat, there's too many bars downtown, I'm going to need you to try and be more specific." She huffed out as she made her way downstairs and to the parking garage.